Chapter 5. Sorry Iwa

Oikawa T

I woke up hearing Ushijima's deep voice talking, I slowly open my eyes to see Ushijima talking on the phone. "I'm not going to be able to walk with you Tendou," Ushijima said into the phone, he had his uniform on. When did he get the chance to do that? Memories of last night flood through my mind. I cover my face with my hands ashamed that I was that vulnerable last night. I hate showing people my insecure side, only Iwaizumi has ever seen and he hasn't seen much. "Alright, I'll see you at volleyball practice." With that, I think he hung up the phone, so I sat up acting like last night never happened.

He looked at me with that intimidating look, he's scary without even knowing it. "Everything okay Oikawa? You're up a bit earlier than I anticipated." Ushijima said and walked to my bed sitting at my feet. "I'm fine, when did you get your uniform?" He looked down at his shirt then back up to me. "I woke up early and went to take a shower and changed." He said all of that with no change in his expression, he's so unreadable. "Oh... sorry for making you stay, it was pretty weird of me." I get out of bed and stretch, I could feel his eyes on my back. "It's okay, I enjoyed myself" Ushijima enjoying himself with me? Now that's something funny.

I laugh to myself and turn towards Ushijima. "Okay, now what do I need to wear?" He stared at me and looked towards my closet. "Just something nice, we'll get you a jersey and jacket after the coach sees you." He said then looked back towards me, he's always so intimidating for no reason. I nod and walk to the closet grabbing a good-looking outfit, I walk out and realize I have to change in front of Ushijima. He looked at me with that blank expression, I shouldn't have to be worried.

I turned away from him and started changing, I feel embarrassed just knowing he could be watching. A guy like him that doesn't hold back at criticism. After finishing getting changed I turn back towards Ushijima who was on his phone, he wasn't looking. I turn back towards the closet and grab my Aoba johsai uniform, making sure it looked decent enough for today. I head towards the door and as I put my hand on the handle I turn towards Ushijima. "I have to get touch myself up, you'll wait for me right?" I ask and he nods. I quickly head out of my room towards the bathroom Uniform in hand.

After entering the bathroom I place the hanger on the doorknob. I then start to wash my face and fix up my hair. Gotta look nice for the ladies, keep up my attractive personality trait. I laugh while looking at myself in the mirror, fixing my hair for girls that like me for my looks. I place the comb on the sink and my hands on both sides. Once they get with me they leave because of my passion for volleyball. I stare into space as I clench my hand into a fist, why do I care so much about people that don't like me?

   I sigh focusing back on what I was doing, grabbing my comb fixing my hair till it was perfect. I quickly brushed my teeth and after rinsing my mouth I turn off the sink. I take one last look in the mirror and grab my clothes heading back towards my room. I peak my head in and I see Ushijima waiting for me.  "Well let's go, we got some ground to cover," I say as I open the door all the way to let him through, Ushijima nods and follows me out the door.

                  As we are putting on our shoes at the door I hear someone knock on the door. That might be Iwaizumi, I could hear his keys from the other side. Why did my parents give him extra keys to the house? The door opened Ushijima and I both looked towards the door. Iwaizumi steps inside and stops when he looks at Ushijima. "What is he doing here Oikawa?" Iwaizumi said closing the door behind him dropping his bag to the floor. "You're Iwazumi Oikawa's closest friend, correct?" I heard Ushijima say, and all Iwa did was glare at him. "I told you Iwa, I'm not going back to the club." I crossed my arms and Iwa walked up to me gripping my shirt. "Toru... I told you not to let them get to you, you're still gonna leave me like this!?" Iwa said not letting go of my shirt. "It's better anyways, you guys won't have to worry about me being late to practice." I eventually get out of his grip due to Ushijima pulling Iwa away.

Iwa turned towards Ushijima with an extremely scary glare. "This is your fault, isn't it!? You're the reason he's leaving." Iwa started pointing fingers but all Ushijima did was look at him with a blank face. "It wasn't me, I received was a text from Oikawa saying he would try Shiratorizawa. Whatever happened before that decision had nothing to do with me" Ushijima said and Iwa turned towards the door I noticed Iwa's ears started getting red, they get red when he's really angry. I could see him taking many deep breaths, he seemed to be calming down. "Toru, come back," he said facing the door trying not to look at me, why can't he. "Iwa, I'm not" I could hear a quiet sniff come from iwa, was he crying? I haven't seen him cry since we were little. "Fine... if that's what makes you happy Toru, I won't interfere." Iwa grabbed his things and left without another word. I stand there in shock, I haven't seen him get emotional like that in a long time.

                   I felt Ushijima put his hand on my back-patting it softly. "I do feel Shiratorizawa would be a great place for you, but if I break up friendships I don't think it would be great for you mentally." I heard him say and I shake my head. "No it's okay, he's the only one sad about me trying to leave," I reassured Ushijima even tho he probably doesn't need it. He nodded and opened the door for me to walk out, such a gentleman. I walk out the door and Ushijima walks out behind me, he closes the door and I lock it. We start walking towards shiratorizawa, It was cold outside. I place my hands in my jacket pockets keeping myself warm while walking with Ushijima.

As we were walking I noticed we were near the usual bus stop when we see Iwaizumi waiting there. He was sitting on the bench scarf covering the bottom half of his face. Looking at him felt like a punch to the gut, I feel like shit for hurting him like this. I feel Ushijima place a hand on my shoulder and I look at him. "Look, I can tell you two are angry.. but you need to talk it out. I can tell he really cares about you." Ushijima said looking at Iwaizumi then back at me, I sigh with a tiny nod. 

I walk over to Iwaizumi and he looks at me pretty angry. "What do you want?" Iwa's words were muffled due to the scarf still being over his mouth. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have snapped at you as much as I did. I know you do so much for me and care for me... I feel like shit." I admit causing a look of shock to spread across Iwa's face. He looked away from me with a light tint of pink on his cheeks. He closed his eyes lowering the scarf to his chin. "It's okay... it's just when you were leaving I felt like it was my fault. Then now you going with Ushijima, I just felt like I wasn't a good enough friend." He admitted causing my heart to fall into my stomach. Of course, he's not mad at me he's mad at himself because of me.

I sigh and sit next to him causing him to move away from me a little, he wasn't looking at me. "You have enough room?" I heard Iwa say and I give a light chuckle in response. "Yeah, I'm good," I say and we sit there quietly for a minute. I sigh as a bus pulls up for Iwaizumi, he gets up walking to the bus. He looks back at me, light pink over his cheeks. He must just be that cold. "I'll see you in class Toru." Iwaizumi said waving to me, I wave back with a smile. He gets on the bus and I watched as it drove away.

Ushijima walks up to me and sits right next to me. "I'm glad you two could talk it out." His deep voice coming from what seemed to be nowhere. I look at him and see he's staring out into the distance. "Yeah," I say and he looks at me with a smile. Talk about catching someone off guard, I've never seen him smile. "Let's get going, I don't like to be late." He said and stood up, I stood up as well and we started walking. The more we walk the more interested I was going to shiratorizawa. What does my enemy school have to offer?