#8 -𝚁𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕-

Timeline: spy and secret agents AU, Modern AU

Inspiration: It's all inspired by the picture above :> I found it on Pinterest but I couldn't seem to find the artist no matter how I tried :<

A swift minute passed. Then another.

Ling continued to stay still from behind the pillar of parking lot of the abandoned building.

Meticulously counting the seconds inside his head, his eyes continued to dart around to try and spot even the slightest bit of movement.

A whole three minutes have passed, and still there was nothing.

The coast was clear then.

Slowly, he revealed himself from the shadows, swiftly moving from wall to wall. His unique special camouflage helped him greatly.

He was on a mission ordered by Gusion, the head of their secret organization, to retrieve some confidential files their current target might have left in one of the offices in the abandoned building.

The assassin had entered through the parking lot, where he was almost sure would be no people.

He was right, or so he thought.

It was of utmost importance that he doesn't get seen by anyone or Gusion and the others would kill him. It would mean more work for Saber, their hacker and technology expert, to cover up their traces and erase the footage from all the CCTV.

Just as he was nearing the second floor though, his ears caught just the faintest sound of bells ringing. A normal person wouldn't have been able to do that, but Ling was a highly trained assassin who was trained to be very attentive to his surroundings.

Hearing this, he quickly turned around and took his gun from his belt and pointed it at the empty scene in front of him.

"Show yourself. I know you're there." He calmly demanded. Taking extra precautions, he surveyed his surroundings again, his gun ready to shoot at any moment.

He looked left, right, front, back, no one. Where could this person be?

That was when he saw it- two golden eyes glowing a faint yellow watching him from the darkness of the vents in the ceiling.

He had less than a second to react before that person jumped and landed neatly before appearing behind him. The person then forcefully knocked the gun from out of his hand, then grabbed his two hands from behind, trying to force them behind his back.

Well too bad for the person because he or she underestimated his strength, so their plan ultimately failed.

Ling had quick reflexes, so he was able to recover from the surprise attack. Instantly, he turned around and grabbed his back-up knife, holding the person close to him with one arm, not allowing them to escape.

He saw she was a woman about his age or maybe even slightly younger, holding her own gun pressed to his neck. Sensing that she would shoot at any time she liked, he held the knife to her left cheek with peculiar tiger marks, also letting her know he could slice at any moment.

She smiled sweetly at him. "Hi."

Not letting his guard down, he answered back. "Hello."

He surveyed her appearance. The girl was donning an all-black fitted bodysuit. So that was why she blended with the dark so well. Her hair was up in two buns that were held with red ribbons and small bells. So that was what he heard.

What kind of secret agent goes in action with accessories?

If he remembered correctly, there was a wanted serial killer whose unique signature trait were bells tied around her hair for accessories.

She was looking at him with big enchanting brown eyes, smile ever so sweet. He wasn't going to let that fool him though. Ling was able to catch the slightest hint of murderous intent hidden in her golden cat-like eyes.

"It's such a shame that I have orders to kill someone so handsome like you." She drew back the cock of the gun.

"Let's see you try it." He smirked at her, slightly pressing the knife on her skin, drawing a small amount of blood.

She giggled flirtatiously. "You're the Ling dude, right?"

Alarmed that she knew his personal name and not his code name 'Cyan Finch', his demeanor turned serious.

"Who are you and who do you work for?" She slightly tilted her head to the opposite side of the knife and looked up at him innocently.

"My code name is 'Agile Tiger', but you can call me Wanwan."

"Lovely name for a lovely lady." Ling flashed her a devilish handsome smile and it had it's desired effects.

"Huh?" She blushed for a moment, and Ling used that momentum to grab her gun and threw it to the side, making her gasp and allowing him to pin her to the wall. Her back hit the wall hard, making her whine in pain.

"Playing dirty now, are we Ling?" She glared at him, still maintaining her smile.

"I wasn't joking with what I said though." He shrugged, finding her angry face extremely cute.

However, he wasn't going to voice it out because finding your possible enemy cute from a rival agency was probably not a good idea. They had plenty of rival agencies, so the silver-haired assassin wasn't quite sure which one.

"I will ask again. Who do you work for?"

He saw her visibly take a deep breath. He had a bad feeling with the playful giggle with a menacing air that she released.

"Secret."

Wanwan used all her strength to knee him straight in the balls, making him violently twitch in pain. His hands finally let go of her wrists.

The nerve of that bitch-

"Sorry about that. Love you! See you soon!" Ling managed to shoot her a glare, but she only smiled apologetically before she suddenly ran off quietly and nimbly. He noticed that her movement was similar to a cat slithering through the shadows.

After a minute or so he was finally able to recover and stand up. That girl was one feisty girl and he was honestly surprised that there was a secret agency who had accepted such a small and weak-looking girl.

But she wasn't weak though, he knew that from first-hand experience.

And he liked that. Someone who actually posed a threat. A challenge.

When was the last time he had a worthy rival? There was Natalia, who he had an actual difficult time dealing with.

He remembered her last words. "See you soon."

Deep down, the assassin knew that one day, their paths would cross again. That day didn't seem far from now.

And he just knows that she knew as well.

_____________

This was pretty short since it's only a scene that I wanted to write. Heavily inspired from the fanart above. To those who are still reading and personally messaged me that they enjoyed my stories, thank you very much :>