ɪ

-PRESENT-

2021

"Have a break!"

Almost immediately the people in that room scurried to the corner or another side of the room before slumping their body down to the floor or grouping with their peers or even lay down on the cold ground with the front part facing the bright ceiling.

The 25 years old woman chose to be alone from the rest of them and sat in the middle of the room. This was another day of practice and she couldn't help but feel exhausted after teaching her students for two hours straight with 5 minutes break every 30 minutes. Usually, she wasn't that fatigued but today was just too much for her since she had to finish her last papers at her company. Yes, she was going to move back to her home country, South Korea, after living outside of it for 18 years.

The reason for her sudden move was because of the boss that assigned her to work over there since a new branch was opened in her home country.

There wouldn't be a definite time for her stay in Korea so it meant that her boss could call her back to this country, where she originally worked, anytime she wanted although the boss also gave a notice that she won't be staying for more than 2 years. Her boss actually wanted to see how much the woman could handle the work over there and if she is capable enough for the task that was given to her, this was a trial for a promising position that she'd get if she meets his expectation. Since the very first day of her work at the company, she caught her boss' attention as he was very impressed with her interviews.

She already showed how much of a great worker she was to him and so he gave her this opportunity for a greater position though she could back off from this offer if she doesn't want to fly to her home country. He already thought thoroughly about this besides this woman could survive well in that country knowing she spoke the language, her mother tongue.

She closed her eyes for a moment while listening to the music for today's practice, remembering every move and step that she made for her students. Not long after, a hand patted her shoulder twice to gain her attention. She removed her baby blue headphones to the side before facing the person.

"Jinny-ssaem!"

It was one of her students, a Mexican and one of the best dancers here. "O, olla Lu!" The woman, Moon Jinny, greeted her back with a soft smile plastered on her round face. "What's up?"

The teenage girl timidly sat in front of her teacher, eyes filled with admiration the moment she looked at her face. "Jinny-ssaem, I've struggled a lot at the hands part. It's more difficult than the ones we did last week. Can you do it slowly after this break before moving with the normal pace?" The woman nodded her head slowly, taking her words into consideration.

Today's practice was a lot more difficult than the last one since it was her last day teaching them. Next week, she wouldn't be with her students again.

"Jinny-ssaem!"

Another student caught her attention when they called her name again. It was a boy this time, a little bit older than the teenage girl that sat in front of her. "Yeah, Wooyoung-ah?" Wooyoung is Korean like her and he was the first one that addressed her in a polite manner since it was the right term in his mother language along with Jinny. Since he always called her using 'ssaem' word at the end, the other students slowly started to follow him and called her using that term after knowing that was a polite way to call a teacher or coach in Korean although Jinny said to them it wasn't a big deal since they weren't in Korea or Korean themselves and calling her 'Jinny' only wouldn't be rude at all. They were the ones that insisted to do it though because it was "cute" according to them.