Part 23

*** FLASHBACK***

"Mr Barnes the final light is showing, perhaps we should be seated" Bucky nodded before giving Lyra one last look and following Ayo.

Shuri approached Lyra not long after and motioned her to follow to the place the 'experiment' was being held.

Bucky sat on a log near some sort of cage, with Ayo stood infront of him. Lyra and Shuri sat on top of a hill, reasonably away from where Bucky sat incase things went wrong.

"Желание."

Bucky shut his eyes in hope this would work and tried to think of happy things.

"Семнадцать."

"Рассвет."

She paused for a second seeing Bucky's fists tighten.

"Печь."

"Девять."

Bucky stayed silent. Lyra looked at Shuri anxiously, her palms started to sweat and she rubbed them on her robes.

"Добросердечный."

"Возвращение на Родину."

A tear fell down Bucky's cheek, he quickly wiped this away. Was this working, Lyra thought to herself.

"Один."

"Грузовой вагон."

The group went silent. "Sargent Barnes?" Ayo questioned. Bucky stayed silent. Lyra closed her eyes and stood up. "Shuri I have this signature move, and it might work to see if he's back" Shuri grabbed her shoulder standing up. "It's dangerous Lyra"

Lyra shrugged and looked at Bucky. "He needs to be pulled back into reality" she whispered to herself.

She looked over at the edge of the cliff and back to Bucky. "Hey Bucky!" Before seeing if he noticed, she started to run towards the edge of the cliff. She heard Shuri and Ayo shout her name but she knew if she stopped she wouldn't jump.

She got to the end of the cliff and closed her eyes jumping ready for impact. But there was none. She slowly opened her eyes, and saw Bucky's metal arm on her right. She breathed in and looked up and saw Bucky's angry eyes.

"You have got to stop doing that!" He snapped.

She smiled brightly pulling him into a hug and sighed. "You're free Sargent James Bucky Barnes" he slowly started to hug her back and the two looked at the top of the cliff seeing Shuri holding onto her chest.

"You Americans!" She shouted down.

Lyra and Bucky turned to each other and started to laugh before he sat her down and they walked over to Ayo.

"Well it worked, what now?" Ayo looked at the two giving eachother a look and then turned back to Ayo.

"A party" Lyra cheered.

"Some sleep" Bucky sighed.

"I thought we were thinking the same thing" Bucky laughed.

"And I thought you actually were fun but apparently you're just another Steve Rodgers" Bucky laughed at her comment and Ayo clapped her hands.

"A celebration it is Miss Brown" She walked away from the two and Lyra smiled to Bucky.

"Welcome back" She tapped his shoulder before walking away leaving Bucky holding his shoulder.

***FLASHBACK OVER***

"How could you free him?" Ayo asked angrily.

"We need his help" Bucky sighed.