𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
&&.   c h a p t e r    f o u r
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

the white curtains were dancing in the warm breeze that came through the open double doors that lead to the small balcony. it smelt like a clear morning in summer, the birds sung in the distance. there was light chatting coming from outside, some occasional laughters.

my naked body was tangled in a mass of sheets, my make up from last night probably smudged and my hair a mess. rays of sunshine kissed my ankles, warming me lightly. what destroyed the seemingly peaceful awakening was the terrible headache that threatened to kill me. accompanied by my grumbling i sat up in the huge king sized bed while holding my aching forehead. i didn't care to pull the sheets up again to cover my exposed chest as i noticed that i was alone in the bedroom.

" good morning, beautiful. ", i heard him say from the balcony as came towards me, his signature smirk twirling around his lips.

" morning. "

mitchel bent down to me, trying to kiss me but i just simply pushed him away. i wasn't the type for mornings after hook ups, or in general the type for anything after hook ups. he gave me a confused look, which i ignored.

" do you want breakfast ? ", he asked then, flopping himself next to me on the bed.

" no. i'm good. ", i answered getting up and picking up my clothes that were scattered across the floor.

" anything else ? i could get you some coffee o- "

" i'm good. ", i repeated this time a little more annoyed.

while i was getting dressed again, i could feel his eyes on my body. the tension between us was heavy but it wasn't a big deal to me, i was used to it. most guys expected me to stay after the night which i mostly declined. unless there were some special circumstances such as future engagements business-wise. but that only happened once or twice.

" not the type for mornings, huh ? ", he chuckled.

i took a deep, frustrated breath.

" listen, i'm not interested in this going anywhere further than having sex once, okay ? i'm leaving now and you won't see me again- "

" but i want to. ", the brunette said getting up again and walking in my direction.

" excuse me ? ", i laughed in disbelief.

" yesterday evening was the best night i've had in a while and i wanna spend some more time with you. you're really interesting, y'know ? "

i sighed. sure, last night was fun but that was mostly because of the drugs in my system. mitchel seems like a nice guy but i've never seen someone twice and i wouldn't start with that for him.

" can you please just show me where the front door is so that i can get home ? "

" if i remember correctly we ubered in here last night and it's pretty far to downtown. ", he said, opening the doors of his closet to get a shirt to put on.

" well, then i'll just call another uber. ", i shrugged getting anticipated for him to show me the way out.

" i'll drive you. it's the least i can do. ", he insisted, finally opening the door and leading me downstairs while i was declining once more but he wouldn't give me a chance to talk back.

the house was actually quite big. high walls, a lot of windows and a bunch of plants in mostly every corner. it felt homey despite the clean structure of everything.

" do you mind if i grab a coffee before we go ? ", he asked as we walked down the stairs.

" actually, yes. i do. "

" great. ", was everything he said before sending me a cheeky smile and disappearing into the next room, which was supposedly the kitchen.

i was pissed at this point but i followed him nonetheless.

the boys i just briefly eyed yesterday night were all gathering at the kitchen island, drinking coffee or eating some breakfast. they were having some light conversation, not even really acknowledging me. i took a look on the clock that hung on the wall; it was almost twelve. we must have slept for a while then.

" mornin' ya lovely people. ", mitchel cheered and casually poured himself some of the steaming coffee, " want some ? ", he then asked me.

" no, thanks. ", i replied.

now all the eyes were directed at me. the boys that i remembered as clinton and christian scanned me from head to toe, making me feel even more uncomfortable.

" long night, huh ? ", christian asked mitchel laughing.

" i guess. ", he shrugged, slurping his beverage with relish.

" yeah, we heard. ", clinton threw in, massaging his temples.

mitchel choked on his coffee, causing me to laugh slightly.

" oh, you're embarrassed now ? ", i asked him and put on a fake pout, catching him off guard.

" i like her. ", christian started to laugh, " why don't you take a seat ... uhm, what was your name again ? "

" avery. and no thanks. i didn't plan on staying for too long. "

" what a shame. you know, mitchel is a great cook. i bet he would love to make some breakfast. ", the blonde tried to convince me.

" i guess she'll find out another time. ", mitchel interjected and put his cup into the sink, his attention then turning to me, " let's go now. "

i gladly complied to his words and followed him out the front door before saying a quick goodbye to his house mates. we made our way to his car, which was parked right in the driveway. he opened the door for me; what a cliché of a try-hard gentleman. i put on my pair of sunglasses and he started the engine.

finally.