Part 53

Dear diary,
I couldn't breathe. On the night of May 23rd 1856 was the first time in over a thousand years I had felt threaten by my father presence. I pushed passed Klaus opening the main doors.
Hoping fresh air would help. As I rush down the stairs I tripped, falling to my knees on the dirt road. Coughing out the dust from my lungs. I heard laughter as a group of foot steps approached me. I looked up to see the harvest witches. "For the all powerful immortal child you seem weak" they laughed. I closed my eyes trying to reach Marcels mind. "Take Tina and run" I spoke to him, planting the message in his mind. Tina was casted out of her coven for meddling in vampire business, causing her magic to weaken due to the broken connection. Tina was a power witch who taught me control but she wasn't strong enough to defeat her coven of witches, her friends... her family. Marcel wasn't an original vampire, I worried for his safety. He could possibly die and I could risk that. "What happens if you die and I'm still here" Marcel respond his thoughts loud and sad. "I promise, that will never happen... now go" I answered squeezing my eyes shut pushing back the tears. I slowly stood up wiping my hands on my dress. "Listen ladies I don't what to cause harm to anyone just hand over the bone knife and we can all go our separate ways" I said my gaze strong. "Show them your power" Georgina whispered "kill them all, you know you want too" I push my dark thoughts away I didn't want to hurt anyone, I just wanted to live my new like in peace. "Oh Grace Silas I thought you were below bargaining" one of the witches laughed. "It's actually Grace Silas Mikaelson, if you wouldn't mind saying in correctly" Klaus scuffed as he walked down the stairs next to Kol, Elijah, and Rebekah. I turned to face them. "Marcel got your message" Elijah reassured me. I sighed the wave of worry finally leaving me. "When this doesn't seem far" another witch giggled. "Tardus pulsatio, Corum spiritus" a witch said conjuring an incantation. "Grace look out" Rebekah cried as her spell hit me in the back. I didn't flinch as the magic bounce off my body flying towards the crowd of witches. They ran and every directions some witches got caught in the magic, knocking down to the ground. "Impossible" they breathed. I laughed turned towards them "you should have done your research". "Kol help us" another witch yelled. Kol began to walk towards the witches before gasping as Klaus stabbed him though the chest with his dagger. "I knew you were hiding something" Klaus angrily said as Kol skin turned grey. "Niklaus" Elijah said disappointed. "Oh Elijah you're just upset you could do the job yourself" Klaus said dropping Kol body to the ground. "Monster" the witches cried as they saw Kol. He was their friend as well. "Don't you see" I shouted "you're just a bad as us, your just as bad as vampires" I yelled confronting the witches. Klaus furrowed his brow of the insult. "You are supposed to be good, you're supposed to be our god" a witch yelled. "I'm no god" I shook my head. "We see that now, you're not worthy" they spit as they join their hands in a circle, chanting under their breath. Elijah looked down at his watch. "The boat to Europe will be here soon, we must leave" he said. "Marcel and Tina?" I asked. "They're safe" Elijah said. I nodded. "You may leave now I promise I will follow, but I must find a way to stop the spell" I said turning towards them. A spell that powerful could destroy New Orleans, and the citizens of the town. "No, I will not leave you" Rebekah said a tear falling down her face. I looked at Klaus and then at Rebekah. "My sweet Rebekah... I will see you in a moment" I said to her before Klaus scooped up in his arms running her way. I could hear her fight back as he ran. I turned to Elijah. "Be prepared to run on my signal" I said. He nodded. I closed my eyes as the ground begin to shake. As I opened my eyes, Elijah was in aww. My eyes had turned a glowing white as I drew energy from the earth core. White veins crawled up my arms and face. I was the opposite of Georgina. I was different, I would leave no dead. I tilted my head as tree roots quickly emerge from the ground grabbing hold of the witches separating them, stopping the spell. The eyes slowly faded back the baby blue as the glowing veins disappeared. "Hold them until we are gone" I told the trees. I felt like the tree were listening to me, like they would protect me at all costs. "Elijah we must go" I said to him as I turned and ran, in to the woods. "Don't you understand she is a goddess" a witch smiled catching Elijahs interest. "She is connected to every living thing able to bend them to her will" the witch continued looking in Elijahs eyes. "She is Gaea the mother of all nature" she slowly said before her body began to dissolve. "We had betrayed her, we are not worthy of living" the witches all said instantly before their bodies dissolved to sand. Blowing away in the wind. Then Elijah was beside me. Never telling me what had happened. He didn't have too, I could see the it playing over and over again in his head. I thought I was different from Georgina, I believe I wasn't darkness. That was a lie. I had killed them all. I may not have done it myself but it was my fault. As we arrived at the boat, Rebekah hugged me tightly. "I'm never letting go" she said. I hugged her back. "Don't worry you don't have too" I answer. "Where too brother?" Klaus asked Elijah. "Paris if that's alright" Elijah faked a smile. He was still worried about what I had done. Klaus could read the worry on his brothers face. "Don't fret brother I took Kol with us, his antics will never hurt this family again!" Klaus strongly whispered to Elijah as he placed his hand on his shoulder. "Paris sounds perfect Elijah, I have never been" I giggled.