i. "this is going to be an interesting year"

[ Jayden's Point of View ]

A brunette began sitting beside my seat and asked me, "Are you the bad girl of Emerson Academy? Hendrix?". The woman grinned and extended her hand for a handshake as she said, "I am a big fan of your work, Emiel Graham.". Smirking, I replied, "Which of my many works are you a big fan of?". The thin frame glasses pushed against her nose, she thought, "Hmm...perhaps the one where you almost killed Michael Toms?" "Did you get charged for assault? or ..?" She asked.

"I was sent to a juvenile delinquency facility for assault. It was supposed to be 5 years, but they cut it to 2 years because it was self-defense." "You were a minor? Huh. Interesting. Did he hit you first?" she asks.

She said, "Wait...I'm confused, just for that? Did you get arrested for this? You are the bad girl now?". Her mouth drops open, "I didn't mean to...it was a Public Disturbance Charge, five times," I explain. She stares at me blankly, "they provoked me." I continue. Emiel nods slowly, "Public Disturbance? Like fighting in the street?" I nodded.

"You're co-"

A deep voice interrupted Emiel, asking, "Can I sit here?". Emiel glares behind me. I face the owner of the voice and nod. My brows furrowed once more. "Jairus go away." Emiel groans, Jairus Emerson, the
Great-great-great-grandson of the founder of the Emerson Academy, and Emerson University. Jairus rolls his eyes in response. Emiel and Jairus have been academic rivals since the 1st grade. When Emiel ranked 1st overall in the finals, Jairus, who always placed first, ranked 2nd overall.

"I can literally kick you out of this school." He countered, Emiel groans. Jairus glanced at me. " Jayden Hendrix, Nice to meet you" I greeted, smiling. His eyes widening, as if asking me if I was that 'Jayden Hendrix'.

I just nodded.

I was leaning against my chair looking out the window, glancing at Emiel, who was writing in her notebook. After a few minutes had passed, the girls started squealing. Jairus, Emiel, and I turn our heads to the door. Emiel scowled at the girls for disrupting her peace. Damien Russo entered the room smirking, enjoying the attention. I rolled my eyes, his friend, Josh Dalton entering after him. They walked past our row and sat behind our seat, which was at the very back of the room. I groan as the girls start rushing towards Damien and Josh, squealing for attention. They sound like dying seals, but I just stayed quiet. Emiel searches for something in her bag. She pulls out her earphones. I look at her sorry, from experience that doesn't work.

Ruby Dixon, enters the room with her boyfriend Ralph Coleman. I'm slightly surprised. I thought she would have dated Jackson Harrington. I mean Jackson was the football captain during our senior year and Ralph was the basketball captain during our senior year as well. Ruby and Jackson had a better relationship than Ralph, but who knows. Though I think Jackson was a little more attractive than Ralph. Ruby was the "queen bee", and I thought that only happened in stories.

'You are the notorious "bad girl"' my subconscious says. My life is such a cliché.

People started to enter the room, then the professor walked in, the room went silent. He was about to begin when a blonde rushes in.

"I'm so sorry, Professor White!" They apologize, Professor White nods "Be seated". They rush to the nearest seat they can find.

"Good Morning, 1st Years. My name is Professor Alfred White. I will be your homeroom professor as well as your Economics professor." He began, "We have homeroom at the beginning and end of the week, from 7:45 AM-8:10 AM. Since actual classes start in two weeks, you are given the time to move into your dorms. So today we will be going through the dormitory rules and who you will be living with" He explains.

Everyone groans, ignoring them, Professor White takes out a bunch of papers.

"Now, Let's go over the rules....:

-----

"Alright! That's it for our dorm rules, let's move on. When I call your name, come here and I'll give you your building number, floor number, room number. After you receive the paper, go to the finance office and get your key there. "

"Ms. Maxwell.

Mr. Johnson.

Ms. Graham.

Ms. Brown.

Mr. Emerson.

.....

Ms. Hendrix"

I stood up from my seat, grabbed my bag, and headed over to Professor White. I grabbed the paper from him and nodded. I walked out of the room. Reading the paper,

Jayden Hendrix-Jairus Emerson-Emiel Graham-Khaileigh Maxwell

'Building 3, Floor 5, Dorm 130'

Hmm...this is interesting. I walk towards the Finance Building. I knock at the door 'Please don't be a bitch, please don't be a bitch'. After attending Emerson Academy for 11 years, there were a lot of rude employees.

"Come in!" A cheery voice said. I walked in "Hi, I'm here to get the key for Dorm 130 in Building 3" I said. The lady nods "Your name is Jayden Hendrix?" She asks, I nodded.

"Alright, your dormmates are Jairus Emerson, Emiel Graham, and Khaileigh Maxwell. I believe your homeroom professor already went over the dormitory rules?" She asks, I nod in response "Hold on." She opened a drawer, with loads of keys.

"130..130..130..Ah!" She placed the key on the desk, "Here you go, If you need anything just come to me." I smiled at her.

"Thanks..." and left

-----

I walked out of the building, heading straight for the parking lot. Pulled out my car keys, unlocked the door, and hopped in. Driving to the dorm building was only a 3-minute drive. Walking would take me at least 5 minutes, but I did want to get things done for my dorm room.

I parked my white Cadillac XT5 outside of the building. Ruby Dixon was unfortunately there. We used to be friends in the 2nd grade, but we had boys' drama.

I walked inside, checking to see if there's an elevator.

'Jayden, are you an idiot? Of course, there's an elevator! This is a high-class university!' My subconscious says.

I sigh, walking back to my car. I open my car's trunk, slide a box to me lifting it, and place it on the ground. I close the trunk of my car.

"I'm surprised they let you attend this university, after what you've done. " Ruby taunts. Ralph smirked beside her. I shrugged. "My parents are rich, so they probably used their money to make me attend this university," I replied as I locked my car and lifted my box.

I walked towards the entrance. "I'm not done with you yet" Ruby grabs my shoulder. I shake it off, turning around"What happened in the past had nothing to do with you, so fuck off."

I walk into the elevator, pressing 5. Ding! I walk out of the elevator, 129...130...I knock on the door, Jairus opens. I smile, walking in.

"This is going to be an interesting year."