Movie Night

Set after all of the events of July 4 in 1985 summer.

Hopper and Billy are still alive. (Thankfully)

I know the movie Heathers is made in 1988 but I thought it would be a fun detail to add in since Winona Ryder stars in that movie. I love that movie!

Comment if you enjoy reading these story. They take up a lot of my time, but I enjoy writing.

_______________________________________________________

Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Max, and El all gathered up at Joyce's house for a movie night. Will hasn't really been excited for this night because all the time they hang out it's always at Mike's house. Since everybody wanted El to come along they had to either do it at Hopper's or Joyce's house, so they decided on Joyce's house. The time they were supposed to arrive was at 6:30pm. El and Hopper arrived first.

"Mom, can you get the door, I'm still cleaning my room," Will asked his mother.

"Yeah, honey, hold on," Joyce replied as she rang up to her mirror to see how she looked.

Joyce doesn't usually get dressed up often but she wanted this to be a nice, Friday night. That isn't the only reason that she wanted to look nice though, Hopper was coming along too.

________________________________________________________

"Okay, looks like we are early El," Hopper says after he pulled up to Joyce's house looking at his watch.

"That's alright, you guys like each other, so it won't be a big deal if we are early," El says the truth while opening the car door.

Hopper has flashbacks of when Joyce and him were with Murray driving back to Indiana.

"Uh, what?"

"Oh, come on you know I'm right," El says closing the door and running up to Joyce's house and knocks on the door. Hopper gets out of the car with a bunch of flowers.

_________________________________________________________

Joyce opens the door and sees a beautiful, young girl in front of her.

"El! You look great," Joyce tells the girl while giving her a welcoming hug.

"Thank you, you look very pretty, I bet Hopper will think so as well," El says as she walks past her going to find Will.

Joyce has wide eyes at what the girl said. Joyce questions if she heard her right.

As Joyce looks out the door, she sees what she has been wanting for awhile. Hopper, he was all dressed up with flowers in his hand and a card. She looked at him, tilted her head, and smiled.

"You didn't have to do this, Hopper."

Hopper cuts her off, "But I did, it's Friday night at 7pm, I don't care if all of the kids are here. As long as I'm with you tonight."

Joyce smiles at him and takes the flowers and card inside and gives Hopper a welcoming hug. Hopper could smell the scent of her perfume. The beautiful woman smelled of sunflowers. He remembers back in high school she smelled just the same. Joyce went to put the flowers into a vase as Hopper took a seat on the couch.

"What movie were we planning on watching?" Hopper asked Joyce as he watched her try to reach for a vase.

Hopper hurries and runs over to help reach the vase.

"Thank you, Hopper. Well, Will and his friends wanted to watch something adult-ish, so I picked out a few that I thought were ok for them since they are teenagers now whether you like it or not," Joyce says while laughing.