Great Sunshine

Dark dim lights in the off-beat dive bar. Levi began to feel familiar towards his new surroundings, thankful he was able to land a job as a waiter. The bar was crowded with biker citizens, Levi had only seen them a few times before working here. Like a pack, they wore similar outfits. Nobody caught his eye like the man who'd greet him occasionally. Disheveled brown locks and a strong frame that gazes would make the Ackerman redden.

Acting uninterested as ever until the said man introduced himself as Eren, giving a billion dollar smile to the shorter male.

It was no secret Eren preferred to transport individually, he likes to keep to himself with the excuse of higher freedom. Levi found it intriguing.

When the older man offered him to come with, Levi furrowed his brows debating on the answer. It made Eren chuckle that he looked so contemplated. The brunet told him not to rush, Levi decided he trusted Eren enough and he had nothing to lose after knowing him personally.

.

The saturated noon with warm orange hues set the two for a ride. Levi held on the man's back, "Hey, lean over." Eren suggested, peeking the mirror to give the smaller male a smile. Levi furrowed his eyebrows not attempting to spread his flushed cheeks, he came forward and laid his head on Eren's shoulder. Fluttering his eyes closed, the younger let himself relax in Eren's fragrance. Shades of tobacco and cologne, like every other biker motherfucker in the Coast.

The feeling was new, an escape the Ackerman never knew he needed. With wide roads and great sunshine, all Levi could hear was the roaring engine of Eren's chopper. Taking short glances on the rear view, Eren smirked. He promised bringing Levi to another side of the sunny state would make him as pleased.

.

"So that was it? you guys just hit off after a week of seeing each other in some bar?" Mikasa asked her uncle, voice lacing with curiosity.

Levi rolled his eyes and chuckled, recalling memories from the past to his nephew was something rare for the man. Bright skylines, mid-summer days he spent with Eren held 
some sort of magnificence. Life took a turn from there on, Levi was glad he cherished the things they had even though it's only a nostalgic view.

As charismatic the Jaeger man was, he suffered depression for long time. How this is his way of running away from life. It was something Eren opened up with ever since he wanted his relationship with Levi to be serious.

Eren was a man precise of fire. A person who taught Levi to let go and appreciate the things in everyday reality in his own peculiar way. Flying in the sand, the radio with Jimi Hendrix playing along rock n' roll bands. An idea that could be someone's dreamlike paradise. Levi was grateful he met Eren Jaeger.

Of course problems occur. Eventually Eren's depressive state worsen, Levi wanted to talk it out and help but the other kept quiet. The brunet didn't want to resolve with a pessimistic mindset. He couldn't tell what was wrong. Vanilla smiles to sparrow blue frowns; nothing made sense to the older man anymore. After three years, their relationship took a toll.

Levi did everything, he wanted to do the same for the man who made his life wonderful. With glints of hope, all Levi could do was be there for him.

Even with his lover by the side, Eren Jaeger lost himself to intoxicants. It's been a while since gleaming gunmetal eyes stare sorrow at his boyfriend's own dull green pair. Levi was faced with guilt and misery.

Nobody compares to him, moving on would be difficult. He knows deep down, he'll have to. Nothing is going to change; Eren would always be remembered. Even it's going to take some time, Levi will try. To the man that walked with flare, radiance equivalenced to the sun.