Urk Chapter 1 - The Rebirth of a Blacksmith Turned Hunter

Shirou stares up at the blue sky in her Unlimited Blade Works. "Hah, I suppose I'll never see you again Arthur. Since this blasted curse was placed on me, yet I still searched. Well, I suppose this is goodbye then," she says as she feels her eyes close. "It was a good run. I had a great life and met so many people. I guess if there's one thing I'd want to do once more. I'd suppose it'd to be to fall in love all over again." she thinks as her eyes close, resting upon the grass-covered hill littered with an endless expanse of swords.

When she eventually regains awareness of her surroundings all she knows is darkness and her inability to move, see, or hear. All she knows is darkness and the warmth of her Od when she activates her developing Circuits. That is until she's whisked away from her body and into a lone lake with a single woman with emerald eyes and pointed ears staring at her.

"Who are you?" Shirou asks as the woman smiles. Avalon appears in front of both of them along with Excalibur. Her eyes widened in realization. "You're Lady Vivian, the Lady of the Lake. But why talk to me?" she asks as she turns around at the arrival of another presence. She sees naught but a wooden staff but she narrows here yes once she Traces it. "And you're Merlin, the Wizard of Flowers. Aren't you supposed to be in Avalon though?" she asks. The white-haired Wizard drops his illusion.

"Well, your curse prevented you from meeting Arthur in Avalon. So I sort of solved that by going around the rules of the curse. However, in order to fulfill your wish of saving Arthur from his future, the Arthur you knew will never come to be," Merlin says as Shirou snorts.

"That's something I already know. I don't care if Arthur will never be the Arthur I met. Arthur is still Arthur to me and that'll never change," she says as Lady Vivian turns toward her.

"The issue is that in order for the two of you to meet again, You had to be reborn in the past. However we kind of went too far and we'll need to reincarnate you again once you have died. That will take some time and well, Arthur probably would've wanted you to live a full life and do what you want. So take this life and live it to the fullest. Avalon still rests within you, however, so take good care of it," Lady Vivan explains as Merlin slaps her on the back.

"Now off you go little blacksmith! Have fun! Don't worry about falling in love, Arthur is still glum about you being fiercely alone, so feel free to fall in love. Or have someone else fall for you, but then again you are the densest person on the face of the planet. Or so Arthur said," Merlin cheers as Shirou fades from the mindscape sensing the golden glow of Avalon within her,

Shirou spends more time in the darkness, which she now knows is her mother's womb. She spends her boredom there perfecting her Prana control. By practicing Reinforcement. She also exploits the hell out of her Reality Marble, learning more magecraft theory just for the heck of it. She even decided to learn the skill that Alchemists call compartmentalizing. To have multiple thought processes which all go to the same goal. Yes, her hobby is blacksmithing so she's definitely going to forge a ton of blades when she's old enough. However, for her first priority is getting into fighting shape as soon as possible.

After a long time inside her mother's womb, she feels the walls around her begin to contract as she slips out of her mother's womb and into a rough blanket. Shirou can't understand a word all of them are saying and fixes her priorities. First, learn the damn language so you don't end up illiterate and stupid.

Of course for Shirou, it takes her a whole year to figure out the language, which she already knew the writing of. Apparently, she was reborn in a forest village of warriors and hunters. Now that isn't the problem. The problem is she was born at the same age as freaking Gilgamesh.

That damn conceited bastard is in this time and four years older than her appearance. All of the adults can't stop gushing about their cute, god-king. Seriously, she can't go five seconds without hearing praise or news about the child King.