6 | New Friends

I stared at my uniform, I wasn't worried about being late to school I had more then enough time. Back in L.A I went to East High, I never had to wear a uniform, well, other than my cheer uniform.

I looked away from my uniform when my phone rang. It was a video call from Lina.

"Hey Lina." I waved

"Hey girl. So I wanted to get you before you head to school."

I moan making her laugh as she sees my expression.

"What are you going to be wearing?"

"My school uniform."

Lina tilted her head. "Uniforms?"

"Yes Kinsley Academy likes their children wearing uniform." I pouted

"Nchoo I bet your ass is already wishing to come back."

"It doesn't matter but I'll tell you what does.."

Lina looked at me waiting for me to continue. "Uh, hello, I'm waiting talk."

"Since the moment I've been here I haven't met my father at all."

"What? But why?"

"That's what I want to know. I mean the whole point of me coming he was to meet him. To get to know him."

"You know meeting and getting to know someone is a two way street right?"

"Yeah, it only works if the other person what's to get to know you too."

Lina face softened. "I'm sorry Gia."

I shrugged. "it's fine. I need to get ready for school it's my first day, I don't want to be late."

"Well then go get ready. And Gia.."

"Yeah?"

"Slay that uniform."

I laughed a little before ending the video call and getting dressed. The uniform wasn't very bad. It was a plated black skirt, white shirt with the school slogan and a black blazer also with the school slogan.

Walking into the I saw kitchen I looked at Matteo, Adriano and Luca all dressed in uniform but neither looked ready for school.

I stared at the three of them as they talked Adriano seemed nice and free with them. The only few times we interacted he wasn't this free with me instead he'd been an ass.

"What!" Adriano snapped making me realise i was staring for to long.

"Nothing." I said with my head down walking past him

"Uh, Gia. I'm glad your wake and neatly dressed!" Alfanso said but it was manly directed at the three who weren't wearing their uniform properly. "I was a bit worried that I would have to knock on your door."

I smiled since I didn't know what I should say after that.

"Well, you should have some breakfast. You will be riding with Luca to school."

I nodded grabbing pop tarts and taking a seat next to Matteo.

I eat slowly as a debate was going on in my head. I really wanted to meet my dad but was this a great time to bring it up? Or should I go find Enzo and talk to him privately?

"When am I meeting Antonio?" My mouth blurted out before I could get my brain to register. "My Father." I added hoping to make it a little better.

The entire kitchen was quite all of the staring at me intensely as though I asked the wrong question.

I looked at the entrance of the kitchen when I heard someone clear their throat it was Enzo.

"Why won't any of you say something?" I looked at Enzo. "You really don't think I let you take me from L.A all the way here because I wanted to s tau with you."

"Matteo, Luca, Adriano and Gia the four of you need to leave now or you will be late."

I banged the table irritated. "I don't care if we're late. I've been here for says and not once have I met my father!"

Enzo glared at me. "I don't care how angry you are but you are not to use that tone with me. Are we clear!?"

Swallowing the last bit of confidence I need my head looking down.

"Gianna go and get your things or you'll be late." Alfanso ordered me.

With making eye contact with any of them I stood up from the table making my way to my room.

The ride to school with Luca had been absolutely awkward it made me feel as though I had made a mistake asking about my father's whereabouts it didn't help that when we arrived at school we attracted many eyes. Luca left me the moment he jumped out of his car, his friends had been waiting for him. Funnily I used to have that.

Finding my first class wasn't hard thanks to technology. When i introduced myself to my teacher she went through a state of shock before making sure to watch me throughout the their class when I asked the girl who was seated next me Maya why. She explained my brothers made her life a living hell, that they did that to every teacher.

It was finally break. Maya had introduced me to her other friend Sarah who was sweet and a little forward but these days who isn't.

"I'm so hungry." Sarah complained as we walked out of history.

"Would you relax we are about to grab something." Maya told her

"I'm thinking of a hotdog or a pie I'm not sure." Sarah said rubbing her stomach.

"Well, I sure as hell know I want a pie, chips and a mini hotdog." I say hungrily. I looked at Sarah and Maya who had stopped walking and were looking at me with a weird expression.

"Where the hell is all that food going to go?"

"What do you mean?" I ask Sarah

"Your like so tiny and your going to eat all that." Maya said shocked

"Yep I'm a big foodie. Plus I hardly gain anything."

Sarah gasped "How?"

"I think it's all the cheer practice." I shrugged

"You were a cheer leader?" Maya gasped

"Yeah." I nodded

"Gia." I turned around at the sound of my name but what really made me turn was the voice. A voice I hadn't heard in as really long time.

"Carlo." I whispered. Seeing him reminded me how my heart broke when he left and hadn't kept any form of contact with me. It was as though he disappeared from thin air.