Chapter 6

Okay... Hello, I'm Ana Taylor...

Hi, Ana Taylor... Eminem and Denaun said in unison which made me laugh.

I was born in Scotland but moved to London really young, uhm... I studied abroad from age 18 to age 23 and then moved back to London and almost 2 years ago, I moved to Detroit! I smiled. Oh! And I'm 2 months clean! I smiled again and both men laughed.

Yo' parents let ya move to another country at 18!? Denaun asked with his eyes opened wide.

Y-yeah... My dad is really... How can I say... Open minded!? He wants us to do what we want and follow our dreams, as he once did... I said reminiscing on how all my siblings had very different careers and jobs.

Yo' dad? What did yo' mother said 'bout it? Denaun continued.

I stopped for a bit. She's not around anymore...

Eminem stopped chewing and Denaun opened his mouth to talk but stopped himself as I finished. The white rapper slowly raised his head to look at me.

I'm sorry to hear that... He said.

Yeah, girl, I'm sorry!! Denaun said with guilt all over his face.

That's alright, it was a long time ago! I didn't know how to turn that awkward situation around.

So, you said that yo' dad wants ya to follow yo' dreams as he did, what was his dream? Eminem asked, saving the situation once again. His phone started ringing.

He wanted to be a rock star! I smiled. I knew where this conversation was headed and was already contemplating if I should say who my father was. Eminem looked at his phone and scoffed, turning it off.

And did he succeeded? Denaun carried on.

Yes! He and his band really made it!

Have we heard about it? The black man asked intrigued. Eminem's phone went off again and this time he just turned it off completely.

Maybe! I said, making myself return to the conversation. He's the drummer of the band Queen! I optioned to tell the truth, these men know what spotlight is and how is it, so I figured it was fine.

Denaun choked on his soda. Get out of here... He said after composing himself.

I laughed.

Yo' dad is Roger motherfucking Taylor? Eminem inquired.

I nodded a little intimidated.

That's dope as fuck! Denaun smiled. Did you knew Freddie Mercury?

No... I was born after he died!

How old are ya? Eminem asked.

I'm 26! I placed my eyes on the rapper that lowered his head nodding.

Lady, yo' dad is a fucking legend! I wish I was his son, man... Denaun said looking like a child.

Thank you, I guess... I laughed.