o7

(ˢᵐᵃˡˡ ᵐᵉⁿᵗⁱᵒⁿ ᵒᶠ ˢᵉˡᶠ⁻ʰᵃʳᵐ ᵃⁿᵈ ˢᵘⁱᶜⁱᵈᵃˡ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰᵗˢ)
𝘰7 | 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘋𝘈𝘠 𝘐𝘛 𝘉𝘌𝘎𝘈𝘕

AFTER FINDING OUT that Sirius Black and Lavender Evans were finally an item, Hogwarts went crazy

     Random people congratulated Sirius on 'finally getting the girl', many girls glared at Lavender for 'stealing their man', and unknowns to the students, the teachers either lost or won money the moment their relationship was confirmed.

     No one was happier than Max and the marauders, though. They cheered and started singing something along the lines 'He got the girl, he got the girl.'

     It was now christmas break and everyone but Lily and Lavender went home.

     "I'll miss you so much, love." Max cried.

     Lavender smirked sadly. "You'll see me after the break." After a while she smiled. "I'll miss you more"

     "Sure. I love you and I'll see you next year." Max winked.

     "I love you too. Until next year,love." Lav replied.

     On the 25. December Lavender's life changed. And not for the better.

     Lavender woke up and went down to the Great Hall where she found everyone starring at her. She cautiously walked up to the Gryffindor Table and sat down.

     She furrowed her brows. "Why is everyone starring at me?"

     Suddenly she was the Daily Prophet in front of her. She picked it up and she could swear her heart stopped for a moment.

     "Six new bodies were found. All of them killed by Death Eaters."

     But the only thing she could focus on was one name.

     Max Mooner.

    Her head started to spin. She could barely make out Lily's attempts to call her. She couldn't breath.

     Lavender ran out of the Great Hall and went into her Dorm.

     She leaned against the door, breathing heavily. Was this some bizarre prank? "This has to be a prank, right? I mean we were supposed to be each other's bridesmaids and I was supposed to be her child's godmother. We were supposed to travel the world together and-," A million thoughts wandered through her head.

    She would never see her best friends smile again. She would never hear her teasing again. She would never prank with her again. She would never get to see their happy ending.

    How could she be so stupid? "This is all my fault." She thought. "She knew we weren't safe. She knew that she was going to die and she told me but I assured her she wouldn't die and now she did and I couldn't save her. And to think her last words were I'll see you next year."

     She finally allowed herself to cry. And once she started she couldn't stop.

     She was mad at everyone. At Max because she didn't stay at Hogwarts where it was safe. At the Death Eater that killed her. At Dumbledore for not helping. But mostly at herself because she couldn't save her.

     Hours later their Dorm didn't look the same. Curtains were destroyed, pillows were torn open and clothes were everywhere.

     Lavender couldn't look at Max's side of the Dorm. She let out a broken sob and closed the broken curtains around her bed.

     Dark thoughts clouded her mind. 'You've got nobody now.' 'End it.' 'Do it.'

     She couldn't take if anymore. She let out a scream. She ripped the curtains open and went to look for a sharp object.

     She began to cut lines along her skin and at the end of the day Lavender had about twenty new scars on her body.

     Meanwhile in heaven, Max watched everything that happened. She didn't dare to look away. She had never seen her best friend so broken.

     On the 25. December two broken souls cried together, yet not really together.

     So this was the day. The day where it all began. From that day on, everything went wrong.

     Nobody could get Lavender out for the next three weeks. Not once had she left her Dorm. She didn't dare eat or going to classes.

     The only thing she felt was numbness.

     After weeks of self-pity Lavender left her Dorm. She looked like a mess. She was thin, eyes bloodshot and pale.

     As she arrived at the Great Hall everyone stopped what they were doing. Lavender noticed the tension and rolled her eyes. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

     Most of the people went back to eating or speaking but the tension was still there.

    She went to sit down at the Gryffindor table as she suddenly noticed Remus. They looked at each other before tearing up. She lost her best friend but he lost his first love. They silently held each other as they both understood each other.

     After a conversation with Professor Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall about her grades and their apologies for Lavender's lost everything went back to normal. Almost.

     The students noticed that Lavender didn't smile anymore. She didn't prank anymore and she called the Professor's by their names. It was kind of terrifying actually.

     One thing was clear. Lavender Evans would never be the same after her best friends death.