[07] Missing

Edited ✓

[Akaza Pov][7:13 A

[Akaza Pov]
[7:13 A.M.]
[Dimensional Infinity Fortress/Castle]

The string of a biwa was strung. I was teleported onto a platform; the biwa demon, Nakime, was sitting on a platform higher than the one I was standing on.

'We were summoned. Does this mean someone has died once again?' I looked around. A hand was placed on my shoulder; I immediately knew whose arm it was.

"Akaza! I'm so glad you're alive!" Douma smiled. It was clearly fake.
'Why couldn't he have been killed?' I groaned.
"What's wrong Akaza?" Douma asked. "You don't seem to be in a good mood!"
"It's because you're not dead," I growled. "Now get your hand off my shoulder."
Douma didn't budge. Still doing that fake smile of his. It pissed me off.

'He's not important right now,' I calmed myself, observing the area. Douma was here, Nakime was here, and I was here. Only Kokushibou wasn't here.

"Kokushibou isn't here!" Douma shouted in my ear. "He couldn't have been killed! He's the strongest right under Muzan-sama!"

"No shit," I hissed. Douma acted like he was concerned for Kokushibou when really, he was overjoyed. If Kokushibou really was dead, it'd move all the remaining Upper Moons up.

"No need to be rude Akaza! We're friends after all!" Douma smiled wider. Now that really pissed me off.

Nakime interrupted before I could shove my thumbs into Douma's eyes and tell him to fuck off.
"Muzan-sama has arrived," she announced.

Douma and I knelt down as Muzan-sama appeared before us.

"It seems Kokushibou has gone missing," Muzan-sama got straight to the point. "Nakime cannot locate him."

"No way! Where did he go?" Douma shouted.

"From what I have gathered," Muzan-sama paused. "He is not harmed or captured. He has seemed to have simply disappeared."

"That is quite strange," I narrowed my eyes.

"Indeed," Muzan-sama agreed. "However, there may be a way for us to find him."

"Really?!" Douma smiled; behind that smile was pure frustration.

"Yes, Nakime has located a demon with a blood demon art that allows them to transport, people, demons, objects, and themselves to a specific thing or person," Muzan-sama explained. "Even if that specific target is in a different world."

"Does another world even exist Muzan-sama?" I quietly asked.

Muzan-sama looked at me before answering, "I don't know for sure, but there might be a chance."

[Zenitsu Pov]
[7:20 A.M.]
[Demon Slayer Corps Headquarters]

Oyakata-sama summoned Inosuke, Kanao, and I. Kanao and I kneeled down while Inosuke sat down with his legs crossed.

"You are all here correct?" Oyakata-sama asked.

"Yes," Kanao and I responded at the same time while Inosuke replied with "Ya!"

"Then I shall begin," his voice was so soothing. It was like something you could fall asleep to. "Tanjiro and Nezuko Kamado have gone missing after their battle with the Upper Moon One, Kokushibou."

"Kentaro went missing?!" Inosuke shouted. "He still has to fight me!"
Kanao let out a soft gasp.

"Nezuko-chan and Tanjiro are missing!?" I let out a sob. "I still have to marry Nezuko-chan!"

"As if she wants to marry a crybaby!" Inosuke laughed.

"Hey!" I shouted at Inosuke. I held back the urge to yell something mean as he did.

"It is very shocking indeed," Oyakata-sama grabbed our attention. "I will be sending you three to go investigate where they were last seen. Chuntaro will lead you."

"Yes sir!" I shouted; Kanao remained silent and Inosuke let out a lot, "HAI!"

"You all are dismissed," Oyakata-sama smiled.

The three of us got up and began to follow Chuntaro.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It took us around 3 days to get to the area where Tanjiro was last seen. The place was absolutely wrecked. It looked like a war zone.

"We should start investigating," Kanao began searching.
"Yeah," I began as well.

Inosuke stood there, "What're you guys doing?" He asked.
"We're looking for clues that might help us figure out where Tanjiro and Nezuko-chan went Inosuke," I explained to him.

"Oh," He stabbed his two chipped nichirin blades into the ground. Kneeling down and extending his arms; Inosuke took a deep breath and began using the seventh form of beast breathing: spatial awareness.

I tried listening for any demon that might be hiding nearby. The only thing that I heard was the steady breathing of Inosuke, Kanao, and myself. There wasn't the breathing of another human or a demon.

I turned my head to look at what Kanao was doing. She was searching for any small details that might help us. I remember Tanjiro saying Kanao had amazing eyesight.

"There's white sparkly powder all of this wreckage," Kanao said, crouching down.
"That's strange," I looked at the powder. "Why would this be here?"

"Oi! Monitsu, Tanao!" Inosuke shouted for us. We turned our heads to look towards Inosuke who was done using spatial awareness.
"Our names are Zenitsu and Kanao, Inosuke," I reminded him.

"Whatever! I sensed something around 14 meters away from here!" Inosuke pointed in the direction of where to go. "Maybe a few meters more or less. I don't know!

"We should get going then," Kanao got up from her crouching position. "Lead the way Inosuke."
"Yeah," I agreed. "Hopefully we don't run into a demon in hiding." I shivered.
"Great! Follow your great leader now!" Inosuke marched, leading Kanao and I to the spot.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It took us around 15 minutes to get to the spot Inosuke was talking about.
Everything was quiet. I concentrated on trying to find the breath of a human or demon and Kanao was scanning the area for anything.

"Look," Kanao pointed at a jar full of white sparkly crystals. "They look like the powder I found."

"You're right!" I agreed.

"Huh? Powder?" Inosuke asked.

"Kanao found a white sparkly powder all over the battlefield," I told Inosuke. He walked up to the jar and unscrewed the lid.

"Wait!" Kanao grabbed Inosuke's hand.

"What?" Inosuke asked.

"You shouldn't just touch it! It might be dangerous," Kanao tried to inform Inosuke but he didn't listen. He freed his hand from Kanao's grasp and picked up one of the crystals.

"Woah, it's cool," Inosuke clenched his fist as it burst into the sparkly white powder.

"Inosuke!" I shouted, slowly losing consciousness. I saw Kanao losing consciousness as well and Inosuke was already knocked out. I tried to fight it, I tried to stay conscious, but it didn't work. Everything faded to black.