Chapter Fourteen: The Yule Ball

"Hey." I hear Hermione say as she knocks gently on the bedroom door.

I was sitting at the dresser slowly putting my make up on for tonight. The argument I had earlier with my mother made me lose any excitement for The Ball, but I didn't want her to ruin it for me so slowly but surely I started to get ready.

"Hey." I reply back to Hermione softly as I look at her through the mirror.

"I thought you'd want some Christmas pudding." Hermione says as she places a small saucer and fork beside me on the dresser.

"Thank you, but I don't really have an appetite anymore." I say with a small smile and tired eyes.

"I didn't hear much before Mr Weasley put the silencing charm on the living room but I'm really sorry that you're going through problems with your parents, if there's anything I can do please let me know." Hermione says as she places her hand on my shoulder looking down at me with kind eyes.

I felt like I just wanted to pour my heart out to her and tell her everything that was happening, but out of fear of her not understanding or even judging me made me decide against it, "Actually there's one thing." I say with a small smile and breathed giggle, "I have no idea how to style hair, is that something you can help me with at all?" I say looking up at her with a scrunched up face.

Hermione laughs, "Not with my two hands but I can with my wand, what style do you want?" She says as she goes to her small bag and grabs out a large book full of charms and spells and flips through until she stops at a page, "Ooh, we can do nice vintage waves, it'll look gorgeous in your hair, and if I do it correctly it'll last throughout the night." She says coming over to me excitedly with the book in hand.

"I love that idea." I say smiling back.

Hermione does the spell on my hair and it works perfectly, she truly is an incredible witch.

Ginny comes rushing in, "We've only got an hour! I haven't even done my hair yet!" She says panicking, "I need to look perfect, I'm so nervous going to my first Ball, I need to look beautiful." Ginny says as she bends down next to me to see herself in the mirror putting her hair up in different styles with her hands.

I look at her with a small laugh, "First off, Ginny. You'd look perfect in a potato sack, and secondly you came at the right time, we've got our own personal hairdresser." I say smiling up at Hermione.

All us girls start getting ready together, Hermione uses a spell to make Ginnys hair go into an elegant low bun and she does herself some flowing curls with a few pieces from the front of her face pinned back. It was so nice to have this time with the girls before The Ball, it's just what I needed to clear my mind.

We all head downstairs, Ginny at the front and I at the back and before we made it to the last few steps Mrs Weasley let out a happy cheer which stopped us in our tracks.

"Oh, my goodness! Look at you girls, oh Ginny, you look beautiful, dear, and you two girls, my goodness. You all look so beautiful, now stay there let me take a photo of you all together!" Molly says as she grabs the camera off of Arthur who was standing next to her with Christmas Pudding in the other hand.

We all pose on the stairs for the photo and before we could step down Mrs Weasley called the boys into the room to join in on the photos. They slumped their body's towards us, annoyed about the first of many photos to come.

We arrive at Hogwarts for The Yule Ball, it was freezing outside and I've forgotten to bring a jacket, i clenched my soft black velvet clutch purse to my chest to gain some warmth from the material, I packed my red lipstick, my wand, a few cigarettes, a lighter and some pressed powder for touch ups.