➰6➰

Everyone agreed and settled back, while the next video appeared on the screen.

At first it was just dark, but they soon heard noise and realised that the video was just starting out dark.

"Is this-?" Thomas began but cut himself off when he remembered the rule about not talking when a video was on.

"Never knew you could run like that Stilinski." Jackson called across the room, impressed.

"Yeah, well, you pick up a bit of speed after spending 3/4 years constantly running for your life." The irritable jock snorted and looked backs towards the screen, pulling Lydia further into his side, tucked under his right arm.

"I'm guessing you broke that last rule." Peter said with amusement dripping from his voice.

"You could say that," Gally snorted, "This dumb shank disobeyed every rule and then pretty much told us all to abandon them entirely."

Everyone who knew Stiles rolled their eyes.

"Yeah. That sound just like my son." The sheriff agreed, giving Thomas a stern look.

"What is it, gang up on Thomas day, or something?" He protested, pointing at the groups accusingly.

"No one's ganging up on you, Tommy. They're just speaking their thoughts and bouncing ideas around." Newt tried to calm him, reaching over Minho to pat his knee.

Thomas nodded tensely and pushed back into his chair.

A low whistle made Thomas look over his shoulder in disbelief.

The twins looked between the screen and Gally.

"Nice push." They spoke in unison and Gally nodded in agreement.

"I may not have liked him but that didn't mean I wanted him to get himself killed."

Thomas nodded at Gally in thanks. They had overcome their personal issues after escaping the last city. Though Thomas had been a bit out of it, they both still got the gist of Gally's apology. As generic as it had ended up being.

"Damn, you really were special, Thomas. I think that's the first time I ever heard Newt swear. He did that on your first night in the glade? He must have really liked you." Minho spoke up, looking at Newt and then Thomas in amusement.

Newt just shrugged nonchalantly and looked at the screen, gulping when he saw the clip that had loaded up.

Thomas and Newt looked into each other's eyes in silence. The raging bonfire cast a warm hue across their faces and a warm spark flickered through their eyes.