THE BURIED.

[ THE BURIED ]introduction

[ THE BURIED ]
introduction.

VEERLE YUL-SOLEH remembered, clear as day, the first day she'd lived in the Barrel. She remembered not being used to the smell, or the damp floors, or the lack of trust for every stranger on the street. She remembered the desperation in every person's face, not the kind of desperation that was on the streets of Belendt, or even in other parts of Ketterdam, no, where the faces of the streets near the home Veerle had grown up in were pleading and sad and hoping for help, the faces of the Barrel were hungry, and they were angry, and they were ready to pounce.

More than any of that, she remembered the way the man at the inn her family had been staying in had looked at her, before he turned to look at her mother and told her that the Barrel was a nasty place, with even nastier people, and it would eat them alive.

He had been wrong. The Barrel didn't eat people alive, it buried them, and then it told them that they might be able to dig themselves out. The Barrel watched as people desperately clawed at the ground that continued to press them down, and laughed, grabbing another handful of dirt and throwing it on top of them. The Barrel was not a place made for leaving, every last part of it meant that every way out, every way for money, would have you tied to its streets forever.

But Veerle was not stupid, not like her brother was. She knew better than to trust the illusion of a way out. She knew even then that there was no way to dig yourself out of the place, so she started digging sideways instead, finding people who were buried with her. If she wanted to stay alive, surviving was what she needed to focus on, and the easiest way was to find other people to help her. And then to use them as stepping stools to bring you closer to the surface.

(01.) brianne tju as
VEERLE KIR-SOLEH
"Eef de Witte."

(02

(02.) donny pangilinan as
DIEDE YUL-SOLEH
"Hugo Yul-Bayani."

(02

(02.) mukasa kakonge as JESPER FAHEY
(03.) nadia aboulhosn as NINA ZENIK

MIXTAPE. fairly local by 21 pilots. we don't eat by james vincent. deathwish by poutyface. stubborn beast by bear's den. molotov cocktail by molotov. laura palmer by bastille. dead hearts by stars. maybe tomorrow by f&m. blood // water by grandson. buzzcut season by lorde. middle finger by bohnes. american money by børns. run boy run by woodkid. no one's here to sleep by naughty boy. no rest for the wicked by lykke li. verbatim by mother mother. walls could talk by halsey. moneyonmymind by upsahl & absofacto. glory and gore by lorde. a drowning by how to destroy angels. dangerous by son lux. no good by kaleo.

[ NOTES ]
this is the most cliché plot I've decided to write so far but oh well.