i. well you got hotter

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚   ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚                                                   ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

[season one, episode one]

The first day back at Alfea, a day the second years dreaded. The place would be filled with new and skilless fairies and specialists, barely anyone of them had the control over the magic or physical powers they had been born to possess. Campus was full of nobodies and everyone returning could care less about the new first years arriving.

"Well, you got hotter." Aria Godfrey rolled her eyes as she walked through the gate of the college she had barely missed during her summer away, Riven pulled the short girls into his arms. The two had been friends since the moment they had met.

"And well you've gone from smelling like nicotine to weed." She patted him on the back, as much as the boy annoyed her she did happen to miss him while she was gone.

Riven was an outcast, a stoner, an alcoholic, everything a rebellious loner could possibly be. He gave her some feeling of freedom and adventure.

Being the niece of the famous Saul Silvia was never easy, she had been pushed and pushed till sometimes a breaking point, to become the best specialist she could possibly be.

She had been born into a family of some of the best specialists, strong fierce fighters but that didn't make them invincible. Her father was said to be dead quickly after her birth, she heard stories about him and how he was an intelligent, crucial individual. As for her mother she was weakened fighting on mission, Dawn was a force like no other she was powerful and strong but not strong enough.

Silvia raised her in a lot of ways, everything she had become was because of him. He was proud of his sister but was disappointed that she barely raised Aria, therefore he had been determined to give the little girl some sort of a good life.

Riven pulled away, blowing the cloud of smoke at her pale face. The girl raised her eyebrows in annoyance with his stupid actions, "loosen up Ari, wait we need Sky for that." He winked.

Aria shoved him, rolling her eyes in the process. Riven raised his hands in surrender, "woah muscles let's calm down, it was a joke. Well technically it's not because you know." He smirked causing the girl to repeat her earlier actions.

"Sometimes I don't understand why we are friends." She tried to hide a small grin but it didn't quite work, letting Riven know he could wrap his arm around her shoulder. "Because you love me."

They started to walk around the field, making their way to the hall they resided in. "Love is a strong word Riven, more like tolerate." She joked, Aria would never admit it but she did love him but in the way a sister and brother love.

"So how was your summer, must have been difficult being away from me obviously." He gave her a cocky grin. The truth was her summer sucked, as much as she disliked being back at school it's where she would rather have been. "Well mommy dearest decided I was allowed to visit her, and then proceeded to lecture me on how bloody terrible I was." Aria told her friend honestly.