Coffee Cups

Ah! He's here!

Bam looked to the door of the coffee shop as soon as it rang out signalling a customer. A bright beam appeared on his face as his eyes fell on a handsome bluenette entering the store.

The butterflies in his stomach went on a rampage and he started making the Americano he knew the male would ask for.

Sneaking a peek at the bluenette, he bit his lip to hide his smile noticing the man standing directly opposite him over the counter, ignoring the other workers that were free to take his order.

It had been like this for two weeks.

Ever since the bluenette had started visiting the store nearly every day, Bam was always the one to serve him his drink.

Obviously along with a healthy dose of flirting.

That day would be no different as they exchanged friendly greetings, a few cheeky comments, their fingers brushing when they exchanged cups and money, and a very generous tip from the bluenette that was more than the cost of the coffee itself.

The pair grinned at each other and bid their farewells, Bam watching as the other man left the store until a hard pat on his back shook him from his daydream.

"Seriously, it's starting to make me feel a little sick having to watch your flirting everyday. You don't even know his name, do you?"

Bam pouted at the blonde clapping his shoulder.

"Not right now but I will soon, Wangnan."

The blonde stopped clapping Bam's shoulder.

"What, you mean you're gonna make a move?"

"I already have."

Bam stuck his tongue out at the blonde and then approached the counter as another customer entered the store. He busied himself making their order, absentmindedly smiling as he thought of the cup he handed to the bluenette, one he had already prepared that morning by writing his name and number on it.

He chuckled lightly at himself, at his excitement and impatience. He just had to wait for the end of the day to be able to check his phone for any new messages.

However, when the end of the day came, Bam was left in disappoint when he had no new messages from unknown numbers on his phone.

When he still hadn't received any new messages by the time he started work the next day, Bam felt deflated. But he perked himself up, grabbing a fresh cup and scribbling on it.

Maybe he just didn't notice...

The day played out the same as the previous.

The bluenette turned up and refused to be served by anyone else, they flirted, Bam handed over the cup with his number scribbled on, the bluenette left.

Bam waited for the end of his shift.

And was met with disappointment.

This went on for a week.

Each day Bam being left with more and more disappointment until finally, he was convinced that he must have misunderstood the bluenette's flirty behaviour.

Wangnan argued with him, saying their chemistry was clear as day, however the lack of messages or calls so far didn't help Wangnan's arguments.

By the end of the week, Bam was left frustrated and upset. So much so that he decided it would be best if he didn't interact with the mystery bluenette anymore.