Chapter 2: N

..... 🌗 ....

    Ninetra was sitting in a carved golden carriage and heading for the groom's kingdom. She had never thought of such a marriage... Her flawless soul and mind - created from tireless learning, only wanted to write, play melodies on the piano, and read every book in the giant libraries.

    Queen Anabel, Ninetra's mother, was the most important person to the girl, a woman over 40 only full of kindness and love. As for King Augustus, the girl's heart was filled with pain at the recollection of her father, he hated her father because Ninetra was a girl and not a son to whom he would hand over the kingdom.

    If nothing else, she was away from her abusive father, but the girl didn't know that devil was constantly haunting her.

      Ninetra pulled the soles of her beige dress by hand and began to walk down the corridor of the palace. Everything was more luxurious than she ever imagined, but too dark, cold and silent... The shadows of gold statues played on the floor, candles flapped, and guards dressed in steel robes stood lifeless... frozen in one place.

   Ninetra stepped into the hall, which was a living room due to the interior. The girl saw a young black-haired, tall man and a relatively small chestnut-haired girl and boy - twins

   -Welcome Ninetra - the senior smiled and started walking towards the girl

- Hello Marcus, Leticia, Dante - the girl said calmly

- Do you think she is only beautiful or also smart? -Leticia whispered and looked at Dante who was smiling.

    However, the princess's voice was too loud and her words were heard by everyone in the hall.

- I don't care - the boy's cheerful voice broke the silence - in all cases she is better than you, dear Leticia... Because at least she is beautiful, and you are neither beautiful nor smart - the insidiously smiling Dante looked at his twin sister and his face became more cheerful when he noticed how red Leticia was.

- I'll kill you - the girl said angrily

- Try it - the young prince smiled again and after a few seconds Ninetra could not believe her eyes... because she saw the twin brother and sister combing their hair and filling the hall with screams and deadly threats.

   The girl's surprise intensified when she noticed that Marcus was smiling, as if this sight was normal and overly familiar to him.

   - Oh, Ninetra - Marcus looked at the surprised girl - don't pay attention, they are just fighting, typical siblings, right?

- Unfortunately, I don't know. I don't have a brother and sister. - the girl said and looked at the quarreling twins. This time Dante was lying on the floor while Leticia was sitting on top and punching him.

  - You already have. Marcus, Dante and Leticia - Marcus said cheerfully and the girl smiled too. 

    Maybe life here would be easier than she imagined.

- Marcus - The princess looked at the groom's brother - Ninetra is my official name but acquaintances call me Jennie.

     The girl hated her official name because it always reminded her that she wasn't a worthy enough heir to her father’s kingdom.

Marcus smiled - okay Jennie, I think Tae Angelo is in his office. Come on, I will introduce you to your future husband

  - Tae Angelo - The girl whispered, just hearing this name filled her with fear and nervousness.

   Before leaving the hall with Marcus, the girl heard the name again, but this time in a radically different context.

- Dante, if you don't let go of my hair, I will tell Tae that you were with the girl in the garden last night. - Leticia cried and her voice became louder when her brother put his hand more on her hair

- I will kill you - Dante shouted loudly

-Nah, if I kill you first -  Leticia said cheerfully.

- They aren't normal - Marcus smiled and continued walking.

   - I could never have imagined that ... - Jennie started talking but stopped in the middle of the road

- That the dark king's brothers and sisters would be crazy children and not little monsters? - Marcus said calmly

-I'm sorry - Jennie whispered

- No - the man smiled - these two are really little monsters. They're only 17 years old, oh... I'm 18 and Tae Angelo is 27.

Ninetra said nothing, she was content that her fiancé was not a middle-aged or old man.

    - Don't be afraid - Marcus stopped and looked at the girl who had lost color. - He will get used to you soon - Marcus smiled at Jennie and knocked on the giant door - Tae Angelo

    Though no one answered, Marcus continued to knock but again in vain.. Before the door opened quickly and the bewildered Ninetra jumped into the air.

- What the fuck do you want Marcus? - A deep, cold voice engulfed the palace, and the upside-down princess felt her whole body tingle while her heart raced.

    Tae Angelo noticed a small creature standing behind his brother, her head tilted, her face covered with hair, but Tae still felt how scared she was. 

    - Pathetic - the man said in a cold, disgusting voice and turned around in the room so that his bride didn't raise her head. 

   Tae's marriage to Ninetra was simply a matter for him to expand the kingdom, and as soon as he conquered his father's kingdom he would get rid of the girl...  which is why he would treat the king's courageous, arrogant daughter as a non-existent, disgusting creature.

    - Get out - Tae Angelo's cold words were followed by the sound of footsteps and Ninetra only now noticed that they weren't alone

    A red-haired young woman came out of the room, looking majestic, though she had bruises on her neck and pursed lips .... Ninetra realized her role when she noticed how the woman looked at her... with a look full of anger, disgust and jealousy.

   - Little Princess - Jennie, standing in the corridor heard Tae Angelo's harsh and demonic voice from the room and felt her hair stand on all over her body.... His voice filled her with fear and at the same time with strangers as if unworldly feelings

  - Come in - the girl was even more frightened when she heard the commanding, monotonous voice, knowing that obedience was the first thing that would help her survive but she could not walk..... The legs seemed to be stuck to the floor, the blood vessels swollen with adrenaline, and the lungs obsessed with deep, frequent breathing.

   The girl could only hear the sound of her own breathing and heartbeat until the loud sound of footsteps coming from the room towards her and the gigantic shadow of her fiancé reached her ears and eyes.

....🌗....

  Thank you for reading ❤ Please don't forget to vote

    What do you think about this chap? 💖 Please tell me what you liked and what not, I will try my best to refine everything 😇

Have a nice day