Chapter 16

The next day
Cartman woke up and almost jumped out of his bed, he had never been this glad to just wake up before. He could barely believe Kyle was actually giving him another chance. He looked for his phone and found it under some clothes on the floor. He looked at the time, 13:08 pm. 'Shit! I hope he doesn't think I'm bailing again.' He thought as he quickly dialed Kyle's number.

This number is not reachable at the moment..

'Oop, forgot I'm still blocked' he laughed awkwardly to himself and hurried getting dressed. He ran downstairs and put on his coat in such a hurry he had it on inside out.

"Eric!" Liane called. "Where are you going? You haven't had breakfast!"

"Can't talk, have to go!" He shouted back and ran out the door. He ran toward Kyle's parents house and knocked on the door.

"What?" Sheila answered the door. "You shouldn't be here, Kyle wants nothing to do with you." she said angrily.

"That's old news." he scoffed "We're good now."

"Is that so?" Sheila crossed her arms. "Then why haven't I heard anything about it?" She asked annoyed.

"Well, I don't kno-" 

"Mom!" Kyle hurried to the door. "Don't be like that, please?"

"You're too good for that boy." She said and looked at Cartman with disgust before going back inside.

"What's up her ass?" Cartman said irritated.

"Don't say that, let's just go." Kyle put on his coat. "We can just go for a walk." He said and smiled.

"So where we going this fine day?" Cartman asked as he wrapped his arm around Kyle's shoulders and began walking. Kyle's face turned pink, his heart skipped a beat everytime Cartman touched him. 'How could I have thought I was over him' he thought as he looked over at Cartman.

"I was thinking we'd go buy some snacks and go sit by Stark's pond or something? Since it isn't that cold today." Kyle suggested.

"Good idea, Kahl, let's hurry." Cartman said and walked faster.

"What? Why hurry?" Kyle asked confused.

"Because I skipped breakfast."

The boys went into the store and bought something to eat, Cartman insisted on paying. They then walked to the pond and Cartman had finished most of his snacks when they finally got there. They walked along the pond and sat down on a bench on the other side, to be alone.

"So.." Cartman moved a bit closer to Kyle.

"Yeah?"

"Have you noticed this is the first time we're on a date since I first admitted I liked you."

"Oh, yeah." Kyle smiled. "I hadn't thought about that."

"Well I have, I didn't think it would ever happen but I'm glad we're doing this." Cartman smiled and moved a bit closer to Kyle again.

"You know there's enough space here, our thighs don't have to be pressed against eachother." Kyle said, but he really didn't mind it at all.

"Just warming my leg up, Kahl." A small smirk formed in the corner of his mouth. He sighed and stretched out his arms and then rested one on Kyle's shoulder.

"Really?" Kyle chuckled. "It's pretty clear what you're doing, Cartman."

"What? I'm just tired, didn't sleep much last night." He replied with a shrug.

"Is that so?"

"Yeah, can't a guy just warm up his leg while resting his arm? What a world we live in." Cartman threw up his hand to his forehead and pretended to faint, conveniently landing with his head on Kyle's lap.

"Wh-what are you doing??" Kyle's face turned red.

"Chill, I'm not going to do anything weird. Just getting comfortable." Cartman said and smiled up at Kyle.

"Oh, okay." Kyle smiled back awkwardly.

"You're cute." Cartman said with the softest tone in his voice.

"I think you're cute too." Kyle moved Cartman's hair from his eyes. "Especially with your coat turned inside out, very cute." He chuckled.

"Is that so?" Cartman asked with a smirk.

"I'd say so." Kyle replied coyly.

"And I swear!" Cartman burst into song.

"What?"

"With the moon and the stars in the sky-" he continued.

"Oh my god, don't!" Kyle tried to hold back his laughter.

"I'll be there, Kahl." Cartman started laughing and Kyle couldn't hold his in any longer.
The two laughed and talked until the day turned to evening and the stars waltzed onto the nightsky.

"Maybe we should head home soon?" Kyle asked. "It's getting pretty cold."

"Yeah, probably." Cartman said as he stood up and Kyle followed. "I just don't want this day to end."

"Me neither."

"I haven't felt this good for- I don't even know how long." Cartman took Kyle's hand as they started heading home.

"I feel the same." Kyle replied.

"That's good." Cartman smiled.

They walked home while holding each other's hands tightly. A few observations were let out here and there on the walk until they stopped infront of Cartman's house.

"Hey, Kahl?"

"Yeah?"

"Are we.. you know?"

"Dating?"

"Yeah.."

"I'd like that." Kyle said.

"I'd like that too." Cartman replied.

"Do you want to- uhm.." Kyle hesitated.

"What?" Cartman asked. His heart started to beat faster.

"Never mind." Kyle waved his hand infront of his face as he felt himself become red. "It's nothing."

"Okay." Cartman took a step closer to Kyle. "Then I'll do it." He said as he cupped Kyle's cheek.

"Wh- wha.." Kyle gazed into Cartman's eyes as he moved closer to him.

"You want this, right?" Cartman whispered to him as he leaned forward.

"Y-yeah." Kyle felt Cartman's warm breath on his lips. It smelled like the candy they ate earlier that day on their way to the pond. He felt like he would melt, more and more with each movement Cartman made towards him. Cartman closed his eyes gently as his lips brushed against Kyle's. Kyle put his hands on Cartman's lower back and carefully pulled him up against his own body. Cartman opened his mouth just slightly and pressed his lips gently onto Kyle's, and as he kissed him back they both felt it. Fireworks.