Ch.2: I Know Who You Are

I felt like I had just been hit by a train, but it made sense. Henry had the same dirty blonde hair Kid Danger did, the same brown eyes, and the same voice. Henry also said he was going to the 'bathroom' and right after he left, Kid Danger came. This made so much sense. That's why he said he could take care of himself. He was Kid Danger. I know Henry's secret now, but that's a problem because it makes it harder for me to keep mine.

-

School was weird. Whenever I'd see Henry, I feel like I see Kid Danger. I've been avoiding him all day; I don't want him to know what I found out. His identity is supposed to be a secret, but now that I know it, his job is at risk. What if Captain Man fired him? It'd be entirely my fault.

I was so lost in thought that the person I was avoiding all day managed to talk to me. Awesome.

"Hey, is something wrong? I feel like you've been avoiding me all day."

Well that's because I have, Henry Danger. "Oh, have I?" I chuckled nervously. "Sorry, I just didn't get enough sleep. I'm feeling tired, that's all."

I mean, I wasn't lying, but I wasn't telling the entire truth either.

"It's more than that, Y/n. Something seems off. Did someone hurt you? Did Bork go after you again?"

"No, no. It's not that. Like I said, I've just been tired."

I hate lying. I really do. I've gotten used to keeping my powers a secret, but this was different. I just gotta keep myself together and make sure I don't say anything I'll regret. How hard could it be?

My thoughts were interrupted, again, but by the bell this time. I forced myself to walk to class; school is one of my least favorite things.

-

After school, I decided to do something I thought I never would. I followed Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper to work. I made sure to stay hidden though. I followed them all the way to Junk 'N' Stuff. I saw them walk towards the back, so I waited a while and followed. I saw a little bit more junk and...an elevator. There were three buttons: one on top, a question mark in the middle, one on the bottom. I doubt that there's anywhere to go but down. I clicked the button on the bottom. It took a while, but the elevator came eventually. It looked pretty old and the walls were covered in peeling wallpapers. I walked in. The doors closed and, in a split second, I was screaming at the top of my lungs. The elevator dropped and it felt like I was falling at a hundred miles an hour.

I landed with a thud. I felt like all my bones had been cracked. As I slowly got up, I began to get a glimpse of the shocked faces looking towards me. Charlotte, Jasper, Henry, and two other people I don't recognize were just standing there in complete and utter shock.

I smiled awkwardly as I waved towards them. I was finally on my feet, but I still felt pain from that elevator ride.

"How did you get down here?!" Charlotte yelled in confusion.

"Well, clearly, I took the elevator, which needs fixing by the way."

"No, she means, how did you find this place?" Henry explained. I gave him a 'seriously' look before explaining what had happened.

"Yesterday, when Henry and I were being chased by Bork," as those words escaped my mouth, I saw one of the men turn around an face me in shock.

"Y/n," he gasped. How does he know me?

"Who are you?"

"Only your worst enemy, or at least your father's."

It was now my turn to get shocked. How did he know my father. I never used my last name for a reason.

"How do you know my father?" I asked with a serious expression on my face.

"What do you mean 'how do you know my father'? Isn't it obvious?"

I looked at him with confusion. What in the world was he on about?! Henry then whispered,

"Ray?"

"Yeah."

"Ray?"

"Yes."

"Ray?"

"What?! What?! What?!!"

"You aren't in...you know?" Henry whispered back as he pointed to the man's clothes.

"Ohhhh," the man I supposed was Ray realized. These two were weird.

"Could someone explain what's going on?" I questioned, desperate for an answer.

"Henry, Jasper, Charlotte, Schwoz...I need to have a one-on-one talk with this young lady.

Charlotte, Jasper, and Schwoz hesitantly left the room, but Henry didn't want to.

"No."

"Leave, now."

"How do I know you won't hurt her?" Henry whispered.

"Ummm," I began, "I can hear you."

They both turned around to look at me, gave me a weird smile, then turned back.

"I won't hurt her," whispered Ray.

"Fine."

"Go."

"I'm leaving."

"Good."

"Good."

When Henry was finally out of this massive room, Ray turned his gaze towards me. I shrugged,

"What is it that you want, Ray?"

"This."

Ray then pulled out a gum tube from his pocket, threw a gum ball into his hand, placed it into his mouth.

"I'm gonna blow a bubble."

"You're gonna blow a bubble?"

"I'm gonna blow your mind! But not in the good way."

At this point, I was more than confused, but when Ray's bubble popped, I pieced it all together.

"You're Captain Man," I sighed. "But, wait. Why would this blow my mind in a...bad way?"

"I know who you are, Y/n Vex."

I felt as if my heart stopped beating. Everything went quiet, except for my quickened breathing.