The Job Offer

Sitting at my desk at the San Diego zoo , I am filling out paper work for reopening an exhibit in a few weeks ."Apex predators of the savanna - Lions ." I say unenthusiastically, As I finish the final page I get a call on my office phone . " Hello , Animal behaviorist department ." I say blankly

 . " Yes Mr. F/n , your appointment with a representative from Ingen is in ten minutes at the  administrative building ." A teenaged voice reminded .

 " Oh right , thank you Sasha ." I say as we hang up with each other. " Well pitter patter , let's get at 'er ." I say getting up and heading out to the zoo to head to the administer building .

Leaving my building my attention is drawn to people running away from the canine exhibits . Screaming and growling could be heard . I waste no time running into the fray of retreating people . Arriving to the hyena exhibit I then see the problem " How the shit did a hyena get out of the enclosure !?" I run down the path looking for the escaped animal " Please don't be the big one , please don't be the big one !"       I stumble upon a kid being cornered by a hyena ." Of course it's the big one . 

I run passed the group of employees clamoring on what to do   and get in between the animal and the child

I run passed the group of employees clamoring on what to do   and get in between the animal and the child .  I toss one hand up and assert my dominance by using a firm tone "Whoa , whoa there big guy . Settle down." The hyena slowly moves forward , I take a step forward " Down !" I shout , This causes the hyena to stop and lay down . I glance over and see zoo security with a tranq gun , I take a few steps back and stand next to the kid in case the hyena gets spooked from the shot . I motion for them to take the shot , once they do the hyena thrashes around and then finally stops and is sedated . 

I take a breath and turn to the kid and make sure they weren't wounded , then I let the zoo employees take them back to their parents . I let out a secondary sigh of relief " Shit , that could of went south really , really fast ." I mumble to myself .

 " Well thankfully it didn't , besides It seemed you had it under control ." a female voice said from behind me , I jump startled by it . " Geeze , jumpy much ?"  she asked trying to suppress a smile  . 

" Well yeah , you should wear a bell

" Well yeah , you should wear a bell . " I said playfully . 

She held out her hand " Clare Dearing ." she said as she introduced herself .