~-SABITO AND MAKOMO(2)--~

A/N: AAAAAAAAAAAA I HATE SCHOOL!! I hope that by the time I post this school has ended and I'll have a stockpile of chapters to put out all at once!(spoiler alert it didnt happen) I started writing this chapter on may 8th, the day before my 16th birthday. I've got glasses now because my eyesight is garbage. Also my internet is absolute garbage hhhhh- Anyways let's begin, shall we?
---
  Once Giyu has properly made sure Tanjiro is okay, much to Urokodaki's distaste, he sinks back to his hidden observation spot. The cycle of the young oni failing and the raven haired boy checking on him slowly begins to occur more often as the days pass. Soon, six months have passed by with Tanjiro having gotten stronger and no sign of Nezuko waking up. 'Urokodaki has summoned for a doctor, though the doctor found nothing wrong. However, Nezuko has never slept this long before.' As the days go on, Tanjiro becomes more and more anxious that Nezuko will die in her sleep, and that he will wake up too late to save her, despite the constant reassurance of Giyu and Urokodaki. On one of these days where he's more anxious, the burgundy haired oni ends up falling asleep, being comforted by the raven haired boy, both seeming to have grown to trust each other despite their not-so-friendly introduction. 

  Meanwhile, during his training, Tanjiro's descents down the mountain become more dangerous, tending to leave him with minor injuries, which, if not for his rapid healing, would leave him covered in scars. The air is thinner and as time passes, the fear that he will die slowly becomes more prominent. On one occasion during a descent, he panics when a board covered in sharp blades swings out from the trees, the reflexes he has obtained from Urokodaki's training being the only thing that keeps him from being hole-ridden like a moth-eaten cloth. Soon, as one unfortunate night becomes morning, Tanjiro gets caught in the sun, though unlike how he assumed he would burst into flames and perish, he is entirely fine, though he picks up the speed back to the house, for fear he will come back to Nezuko dead. 

  Bursting through the door, Tanjiro opens his eyes to see both Urokodaki and Giyu shocked, the latter in the middle of unsheathing his blade. The young oni races over and pushes both men out of the way, only thinking to protect his sister, growling quietly in an attempt to threaten them, "P-put away the sword.... I-I'm not dead! So you have no e-excuse to kill her!" The oni's voice sounds weak from lack of use, at times fading or cracking. Urokodaki freezes once he gathers his footing after being thrown out of the way, studying the frantic boy clutching his younger sister. "Hm.. This changes things... If you are immune to the sun, perhaps..." The man turns to Giyu, muttering to the raven-haired male before going outside. 

  Tanjiro squeezes his sister to his chest, frightened that she will be killed if he lets her go. "Tanjiro, breathe." Giyu's soft, yet concerned, voice assists the boy in realizing he's holding his breath, eyes clenched shut. He exhales, his lungs grateful, as he feels the girl in his arms move. The boy's pinkish-red eyes widen as he looks down at her, body shaking almost noticeably as her shut eyes clench for a moment, as though she is struggling with waking up. The young boy looks up at the older, who's face mirrors the oni's own shock, though more covert. The boys look back at the girl just as she slowly opens one eye, as though testing her sight. She instantly sees her brother and bolts into a sitting position, almost headbutting him.

  If not for Tanjiro's quickening reflexes, he would have collided with his sister. The siblings (i almost wrote simplings i-), as though sharing the same idea, quickly lunge forward, squeezing each other into a tight bone-shattering hug. The last time they had both been awake, they almost died and were forced to watch helplessly as their siblings and mother were killed in a most scarring and gruesome fashion. They clutch each other as though they'll be ripped apart again, in a more horrifying way than the last. They only separate from each other when Giyu clears his throat, seemingly reminding them that he is there as well. Tanjiro turns to him and smiles apologetically, receiving a small head-shake in reply, as though saying "There's no need to apologize. It's fine."

  Nezuko watches the small interaction through sleepy eyes, though easily understanding what the two boys may not. She makes eye-contact with her brother and raises an eyebrow, making his face noticeably tint a light red as he realizes what she's trying to say. He shakes his head fiercely, making himself dizzy and if not for Giyu being close enough to catch him, he would have tipped over. The younger oni makes a noise akin to a teasing laugh, making her brother's face become a darker shade of red as he becomes further embarrassed. The older male seems to misunderstand his reddening face and gently places the back of one pale hand on one of his cheeks, then his forehead, as though checking if he is sick. This, however, causes the younger to become even more flushed with embarrassment.

---

  Days later, Tanjiro has just finished descending the mountain again, Nezuko accompanying him and protecting him when he is unaware of danger. The siblings become in-tune with each other's senses, as though they are their own. This strengthening bond isn't only forming between the oni, however. They also seem to bond with Giyu, who will appear out of the shadows to assist them if they need it or to check on them when they don't seem to be entirely okay. The trio grows stronger and closer, despite Urokodaki's apparent distaste. Tanjiro and Nezuko finish a descent one day, and Urokodaki appears, seemingly out of nowhere, with Giyu in-tow. He speaks in that gruff voice that always seems slightly angry, ignoring that Tanjiro looks worn out. Giyu, however, comes over and helps the younger boy as nezuko watches curiously.

  It has been a year since the trio arrived at Mt. Sagiri, and Urokodaki suddenly told the oni siblings, "I have nothing more to teach you." Tanjiro, covered in dirt and his hair a long, tangled mess, looks up from the ground, "H-huh..?" Nezuko runs over and reaches up, trying to get a leaf out of his hair. The older oni crouches slightly, allowing her to remove the leaves. She hums in approval before dropping the leaf and dusting off the dirt on her brother. "You've heard me. The rest is up to you! Whether or not you can improve to the next level and survive is entirely up to you." Tanjiro stands up properly as Urokodaki gives the siblings a side-glance, turning around, "Come with me." 

 ---

A/N: AAAAAAAAAAAAAA THIS TOOK SO LONG TO MAKE AND IT FEELS SO SHORT THE SABITO AND MAKOMO EPISODE THIS IS BASED ON ISNT EVEN DONE AAAAAAAAA ILL MAKE 3 PARTS FOR THIS EPISODE BECAUSE IM STRUGGLING HHHHHHHHHHHH