Chapter 11- Waking up

Diana awoke to the sound and foul stench of the Uruks running. The drumming of their heavy running didn't help her throbbing head either and blood was still pouring from her temple and the cut above her eye. 

She began to thrash around, but to no avail because both her hands and feet were bound tightly. Looking around she could see both Merry and Pippin were also tied to the backs of two other Uruks. Merry was unconscious, some blood trickling down his forehead and Pippin was trying to wake him up.

The Uruk beneath Diana growled as she started to thrash again and the pack quickly came to a halt. The Uruk-Hai carrying Diana lifted her up and slammed her against the rocks, hard. She yelped when her body came in contact with the hard rocks and the Uruk towered over her. 

Before she could protest or even move he grabbed her neck "Struggle like that again, and your friends over there die, one by one, their necks being the first thing we cut off." he growled.

He jabbed his fingers in the direction of the two hobbits. Her eyes went wide and she stopped struggling as the Uruk leader picked her up again. 

"Merry!" Pippin hissed, looking back at friend. "Merry? Wake up!" He looked over at one of the Uruks which was chugging some foul liquid from a waterskin.

"My friend is sick, he needs water, please!" Pippin pleaded. "Sick is he?" the Uruk holding Diana replied gruffly, "Give him some medicine boys!"

They all laughed as one of the Uruks took their waterskins and forcefully poured a brown, mud looking, liquid down Merry's throat, making him choke and splutter. 

"Stop it!" Pippin yelled helplessly. "Can't take his drought!" the leader howled in laughter. "Leave him alone!" Diana pleaded as she looked on in helplessness. "Why?" he growled, pressing his blade in to her skin, so she felt blood trickle down her side. "You want some?" 

She shook her head, trying to stay strong for the hobbits. With that the Uruks readied themselves to continue running on.

"Merry?" Pippin asked as he finally came around. "Hello Pip..." Merry said, groggily. "You're hurt!" Pippin exclaimed, nodding to his wound. "I'm fine, it was just an act." 

"An act?" Pippin asked in confusion, furrowing his eyebrows. "See. Fooled you too. Don't worry about me, Pippin." 

The leader moved to the front of the pack to where another Uruk was sniffing the air. "What is it? What do you smell?" he huffed. "Man flesh."  the other growled.

"They've picked up our trail." the leader snarled. "Let's move!" 

Her heart filled with hope. Aragorn was the best tracker and ranger along with his sister and she knew he could catch up to them. She reached to her side, where Legolas' dagger hung and removed it into the ground, none of the Uruks noticing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After three days of the Uruks running they finally stopped. "We're not going no further, till we've had a breather!" one of the orcs panted as the Uruks dropped the girl and two hobbits. "Get a fire going!" the Uruk leader demanded. 

"I'm starving!" one of the Uruks grumbled, "We've had nothing, but maggoty bread for three stinking days!" 

"Yeah! Why can't we have some meat?" one of the orcs complained and his eyes fell upon the hobbits. "What about them? They're fresh!"  "They are not for eating!" the leader explained with a growl.

"What about their legs? They don't need those!" another orc said as the leader grabbed the two hobbits, pulling them to their feet. Diana stayed quiet and low, finally untying the knot holding her legs together.

"Oh they look tasty!" the orc exclaimed, lunging toward the hobbits. "Get back, scum!" the leader bellowed. "The prisoners are going to go to Saruman, alive and unspoiled!" 

"What about her? We don't need her and she gives more of a meal!" the orc squealed pointing at me. 

"She," the leader started with a grin and began to laugh. "Is not for Saruman! Looks like meats back on the menu boys!" he roared.

Diana quickly scrambled to her feet and backed away from the hobbits. One of the orcs grabbed my arm and brought his sword upon her wound, from earlier when, out of nowhere spears flew threw the air, killing many of them and scattering the rest.

Diana ran into the forest and saw Pippin on a tree and Merry climbing the same tree. Suddenly a orc grabbed Merry's leg pulling him back down. Diana ran forward, unsheathing her sword and killed the orc as Merry fell to the ground. 

"Merry!" Pippin screamed. Suddenly the tree started to move his hand and picked up Merry and I. The hobbits struggled as Diana stood still. "Little orcs all around!" the ent growled.

"It's talking Merry. The tree is talking." Pippin said in surprise. "It's no tree." Diana whispered at the same time the ent growled, "Tree! I am no tree! I am a ent," 

"A tree herder. A Shepard of the forest." Merry said, astonished. "Don't talk to it Merry. Don't encourage it." Pippin said to his friend "Treebeard some call me," the ent said.

"And who's side are you on?" Pippin asked. "Side? I am on nobody's side because nobody is on my side, little orc. Nobody cares for the woods anymore." Treebeard replied. 

"We're not orcs. We're hobbits!" Merry said. "Hobbits? Hmmm, never heard of a hobbit before. Sounds like orc mischief to me! They come with fire, they come with axes! Gnawing, biting, breaking, hacking, burning! Destroyers and usurpers curse them!" Treebeard roared.

"No! You don't understand! We're hobbits! Haflings! Shirefolk!" Merry yelled. "Maybe you are and maybe you aren't. The white wizard will know." Treebeard said "The white wizard," Pippin repeated

"Saruman," Merry breathed out and I gulped, before Treebeard dropped us on the ground and they looked up to see a glowing white figure in front of them.

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I hope you enjoyed this chapter! If you did feel free to vote and comment! I hope you have a great rest of your day/night!