Chapter 10

"Well, we better get started. Can you take me to her room?" I asked. Andrew directed to a nice bedroom with a cute little bed, unmade. I walked over to it. There were no blood stains or any stains for that matter. I really wasn't sure what had happened to her. I walked around to the other side. Nothing on the bed. I walked back the other way. I was so stumped until I saw a piece of glass on the floor. Then another. And another. I looked slightly up and saw a broken window a little over with a bunch of glass on the floor below it.
"Someone broke in. I thought it wasn't an accident." I said.
"You're good. But what do we do now?" Andrew asked.
"We have to find out who killed her."
"Well, we can't do this alone." Andrew said. "Come on, I know someone who could help us." We both went outside and walked together to this mini log cabin about a mile away. It was nice, bigger than the one that I'm staying in. Or practically living in considering it's been 3 months.
"HEY MILES!" Andrew shouted. I jumped a little. It was pretty loud. Next thing I know an African American guy about my age comes out of the cabin. He was pretty tall and looked presentable.
"Hey, Andy! What's happening?" the guy said as he touched hands with Andrew.
"Not much, it's been a while. My, uh, grandmother passed away though." Andrew said.
"Oh man I'm so sorry. That's awful." the guy said. He then looked at me and said, "Who's this beauty?"
"Oh yeah. Miles, meet Josie. Josie, meet Miles." Andrew introduced us.
"Nice to meet you, my lady." Miles said as he kissed my hand. He was very sweet which was very nice.
"We need your help. Let us explain for you." Andrew said as he walked the three of us to Miles' porch. "You're going to want to sit down."