Baby Blue For You

"You're kidding me."

Jimin stuffs his face with another spoonful of soup and shrugs.

"Not even when you were a kid?"

He shakes his head this time. "We didn't live close to one and by high school, it just... wasn't cool."

"Not cool?" Jimin regrets saying that now. "In what universe are amusement parks not cool?"

He shrugs again, a smile playing on his lips as he takes another sip. He's absolutely adored by his lover's response to his lack of amusement park memories.

"We're going next weekend." Jimin looks up from his meal with wide eyes. It's a statement, not a request, not a question, not a proposition, but a statement.

"Jin, you wanted to watch that movie next wee-"

"Don't care." He tilts the bowl to get the last drops. It truly was his best tomato soup yet. "We need to salvage your childhood," he says with a determined face. "Wear something comfortable next weekend."

Jimin puts his spoon down and attempts to reason. "Jin, you've wanted to watch that movie forever. Are you saying walking around all sweaty, eating overpriced food, or waiting in long lines is more important than enjoying something you've been looking forward to?"

Jin finally meets his eyes and smiles a bit. He takes Jimin's hand in his and lightly rubs the back of his hand. "You're the most important thing in this world for me." Without waiting a second longer, he gets up to put his bowl in the sink. He turns in time to miss Jimin's face heat up at the words. Four years of dating apparently does nothing to settle his quickening heartbeat. "The soup was really good this time, wasn't it?" Jin asks from the kitchen.

Jimin smiles into his bowl, his cheeks almost as red as his soup. "Yeah, it's good," he says shyly. Maybe walking around all day and spending too much money will be okay, as long as it's with Jin.

Next weekend can't come fast enough. Jin has the entire day planned out. First, it'll be some pictures with the characters around the entrance and statues around the park. Then, a train ride to see the scenery, maybe some cute rides in between. A few shows in the middle would be perfect while they have lunch. Walking around and enjoying their time should last until a dinner by the pond, finishing the night with the fireworks that always play at night. He can't remember if the parade will also come through today; he should check the-

"Jin? Ready?" His thoughts are cut short as Jimin walks out of their room. Jin smiles, unknowingly, and walks toward his lover fixing his belt. He takes the end from his hand and finishes looping it through his jeans, khaki for today. He places his hands on Jimin's waist after he's done, finally looking up. Jimin's smiling too; it's his eye-smile this time, where it doesn't seem like he knows he's smiling, another thing among the millions they have in common.

"Are you excited for today?" Jin asks softly. There's no need to speak any louder, his Minnie is right in front of him, right in his hands where he should be.

Jimin nods before he answers, "I dreamt about the fireworks since we were talking about it last night." He pats down some of the flyaway strands of hair on Jin, as if he's not already painfully handsome in his turtleneck and jeans. "I can't wait to see them."

"They're my favorite part." He takes Jimin's hand in his and laces their fingers. "The park opens in half an hour, we should leave now if we want to be there all day." Jimin sees the excited expression on Jin's face, his animated voice. Maybe he's handsome all the time, but today he's adorable, absolutely, ridiculously adorable. He glances down at Jin's lips for a moment, full and tinted pink for today, before leaning for a kiss. It's modest, not too long, not too short, just full of love as they sway slightly and then pull apart. Jimin bites his lip, his strawberry-dusted cheeks matching Jin's. Even years later, the butterflies never stop.