015

𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖞𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕴 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉

"ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴀɪɴ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʀᴏsᴇs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴏʀɴs, ᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴇᴊᴏɪᴄᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴏʀɴs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʀᴏsᴇs."
- Tom Wilson

I stumbled off my pedestal almost falling flat on my face in the process

I stumbled off my pedestal almost falling flat on my face in the process. I quickly recovered and ran straight to a nearby backpack that was placed conveniently by an axe. I was glad to see that no one was nearby but then I froze up. My eyes landed on District 1's male, he was slashing a poor boy's stomach and blood was flying up. Then he looked at me. The smug look on his face proved to me just how much he enjoyed ending the life of this child. These people are psycho.

I quickly latched onto the bag and grabbed a hold of the axe, only someone else had grabbed it too. I didn't want to hurt this girl, but my want for protection was stronger than those feelings. I lifted my foot off the ground and kicked her as hard as I could in the stomach causing her to fall to her knees and let go. I hit her as hard as I could with the handle of the axe, and she fell to the ground. That was my queue to leave as I quickly fled the scene. Just as I reached the outskirts of the forest I turned around. The girl that I had hit over the head was now being violently stabbed by the blonde girl from 1 and it was all my fault.

I ran as far as I could into the forest until I decided I could stop for a while. From my backpack, I had gotten a thin sheet to sleep under, an empty water bottle, some rope, and matches. Now all I had to do was find food and then I could settle down. The cannon went off quite several times, but I had been too distracted by the sound of flowing water nearby.

I took slow steps as I walked closer to the river that was in quite a revealing spot. At any point, I could be hit with an arrow or even one of Clove's knives. Clove. I hope she's okay.

I thought about Mateo, what would he do to survive. He'd probably craft some insane trap that gathers resources for him, and then it hit me. I watched Katniss make a snare in the trap section of the training center.

Somehow, I had managed to remember what I needed to make a fully functioning snare that would catch me food. I knew that Mateo would be laughing at how poorly it done was though, but it was enough for me to survive.

I waited for hours for food and finally as the sun was setting was when I heard my snare go off. The snare had given me a small rabbit that would be enough for tonight. Tomorrow I would have to find some more.

I took note of how fast the sun went down; it was a lot quicker than usual.

I spotted an empty cave that I could set up in. Whilst setting up I had found a hidden spot behind the vines that weren't noticeable from when I first walked in. I gathered a bunch of dried leaves and scattered them around the cave. If anyone walked in the noise would wake me up and I could be ready to put up a fight.

I sat outside and waited for the song to finish and all the faces to go by. There were thirteen people left. Districts 1 and 2 had both their Tributes, District 3 had its male tribute, Districts 5 and 6 had its female tribute, then districts 11, 12 and 13 had both their Tributes. A small ounce of me was relieved to hear Clove was still alive even if I was one of her targets.

Hopefully, I wake up in the morning.