[ 02 ] - Finally Home

[ Chapt. 02 ] - Finally Home

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

Letting out a deep and tired sigh as he closed his phone, Norman reached out to his car keys and turned off the engine. He put the keys in his coat's pocket, and grabbed the groceries he recently bought with his hands.

"Ugh, my back hurts..." The albino groaned at the aching of his spine and nape, as he exited the car. 'I guess I worked too hard today...' He thought to himself with a nervous chuckle. He knew Emma's gonna scold him for this.

"Norman!!" The tangerine haired woman burst the door open as her emerald eyes gleamed at the sight of her husband. She ran towards him and threw herself forward with her arms wide open for an embrace. Fortunately, the male was able to catch her and not fall off balance with the grocery bags still in his grip.

"Welcome home!~" Emma then flashed the brightest smile the young man had seen the entire week. It was too precious and comforting—to have the most wonderful and important woman in your life within your arms, welcoming you to your beloved home. He felt his bodily pain slowly disappearing and his heart beating. It was pleasant, and it healed him. Her kind eyes and merry aura was always one of the many reasons why he fell in love with her.

Norman sighed faintly, and returned a serene smile back at his wife. With no words said, he leaned closer to her and gave his lady a sudden, yet gentle kiss on the lips. This unexpected move made Emma widen her eyes for a moment, but she gradually kissed back and wrapped her arms around his neck. Oh, how they missed this feeling. How they missed each other so much.

After a moment, they stopped and rested both of their forehead on each other while catching their breaths. "I'm finally...home, Emma." Norman uttered between his quick-paced breathing, and smiled widely. His girl blushed fairly as a response, and shoved herself into his chest, hugging him tightly. She almost let out a giggle at the sound of his heartbeat racing, which reminded her of the good 'ol days.

"It's getting cold, Emma. Let's go inside?" He suggested as she pulled out of her hug on him, nodding and then took hold of his hand. They walked towards their front door holding each other's hands, and entered their house.

"I'll get that," Emma started as she reached out to the groceries her husband has been holding, and took off his coat from his shoulders. "You should take a bath too, I've prepared it for you~" She added with a smile.

"You sure you don't want to join me?" Norman half-jokingly remarked, as his blue eyes followed Emma as she hanged his office coat.

"Hm? What do you mean? I already took a bath, remember?" She replied with an innocent chuckle and walked towards their kitchen to unpack the grocery bags. 'Emma... I guess some things never change.' The man thought to himself, not surprised that his wife didn't catch...that. Though he would be lying if he said he wasn't kind of disheartened.

"N-Nevermind," He muttered shyly, somewhat embarrassed at his failed attempt. "I'll go ahead..." Norman excused himself with a bath towel in his hands, once again exhaling deeply. He took one last glance at Emma, her back facing him while she arranged the groceries, and then entered their bedroom where the bathroom was located.

As soon as he was out of sight, Emma let out a big sigh, as if she was holding her breath for so long. Her whole face was burning red, and her heart was beating so loud and felt like it was going to explode. The thing was, the chuckle she just gave wasn't that innocent at all.

Yep, she definitely caught what Norman meant. She knew what he meant by "joining" him in the bath, and just pretended that she didn't. Emma was trying so hard not to show her flusteredness at her husband.