Part 1 ~ Sophie

I walked into my bedroom about to go to sleep after having a long talk with Mr. Forkle about "Consalting my team before making important decisions." I hopped in the shower and thought about trying to reach out to Keefe telepathically tomorrow. I wish I could go see him in- person. I wish the Neverseen didn't exist. But, of course everything goes wrong in MY life. 

I got out of the shower and much my pajamas on. I was about to get in bed when I noticed that Iggy was dyed again. Dex must have come and done it while is was with Mr. Forkle! I realized there was a letter under Iggy's cage. I pulled the letter out and opened it.

To the Mysterious Ms. F!

Ugh- I'm already regretting starting this letter that way. But I don't have any extra paper, and crossing it out would look worse, so... I guess we'll just have to add it to my list of mistakes.

And I know you're going to think everything I'm about to say should also be on that long list of Keefe fails. But I swear- that's not what this is. I'm not trying to fix everything and save everyone this time. I'm just trying to make sure I don't hurt anyone. 

I can't tell you more than that without putting you in danger, so... just trust me when I say that the powers that my mom gave me are super bad. There seriously aren't strong enough words to explain how horrible they are. And I CAN'T control them- just like I can't stop my mom from forcing me to use them. 

So... this is the only way. I don't want to do it .

But I have to.

And I'm not going to ask you not to hate me. In fact it might be better if you do, because I need you to PROMISE that you won't try to find me. My mom will be waiting for you to track me down- and since I know how stubborn you are, I want you to understand who you will be putting in danger. 

I'm going to be hiding the same way the Black Swan hid you. 

That's why you have to stay away. Well, there are lots of reasons. So again, please just... trust me,  okay ?

And since this is the last time I'll ever talk to you, I just... I want to say that I'm really going to miss you. You mean a lot to me Foster. More than you'll ever know.

Please be careful. Please be happy. And PLEASE  forget all about me.

It'll be better for everyone that way. You'll see.

Love,

Keefe.

I felt my cheeks getting wet. He's gone. He's really gone. I sit there sobbing until Flori comes in. "What's wrong Sophie?" Flori says in a soothing way. "He-he left, Keefe's gone," I say through my tears. "Oh I'm so sorry," Flori says sweetly. "I- I- I don't know what to do." I say. "What does your gut say? Just do that, You're normally right," Flori says. "My-my gut says I-I-I.... I need to wait. I will go after him, but he's right the Neverseen will come after him, I need to trust him," I say my eyes full of tears. "Would you like some Starkflower Stew? I think it would make you feel better," Flori says. I nod my head. "Hey Flori? Could you Bring some pillows and a blanket down to Calla's tree? I think it might relax me," I say. "Sure, just give me a few minutes," She says with a small smile. 

I walk down to Calla's tree and sit by the trunk. " I miss you so much Calla," I say sadly. "I'm going to defeat them. The Neverseen have hurt too many people, this was the last straw. I'm done. I'm done playing defense. We're going to win this, once and for all!" I say with confidence. 

Just then Edaline comes bursting through the doors of Havenfield with a panicked look on her face. I stand up quickly and rush over to her. WHAT HAPPENED?!?" I shout. "It's Councillor Oralie. She- She's missing,"