Chapter 24 Enconter with the worst

Jennifer stood up, leaving her bag next to the lamp post, and ran over to him but stopped abruptly. He was not alone.

"Jennifer" cooed a familiar voice.

Vincent.

"Vincent?!" Jennifer whispered into the darkness, agitated.

James and the mysterious figure from behind him stood out from the shadows and into the light, into Jennifer's view. Vincent had an arm wrapped firmly round James' neck and the other hand held a knife that was aimed directly at his throat. James had his hand trying to push away the arm that was wrapped round his neck, so he wouldn't suffocate to death.

"The little girl" he said, "hand over the little girl back or I'll terminate your friend."

She stood there, glaring back at him, not wanting Abby or James to die.

"What girl?" She replied innocently, stammering slightly on some of the words.

"the sweet little sister of someone you know" he called back, glaring at her fixing her in her place, freezing her in fear.

She kept her penknife in the palm of her hand as she edged her way towards Vincent. Slowly so nothing could be heard, only seen. He watched her do this and so did James. Jennifer looked at James, James smiled and nodded, she then smiled. Vincent stood there her scrutinising her every move. Jennifer continued to walk towards him but then stopped as soon as she was directly in front of him, glaring into his eyes.

"Give me to her and I'll let him go"

Jennifer looked to James and nodded before turning back to Vincent, smiling. Vincent didn't approve of this.

"No," Jennifer stated,hurriedly kicking him between the legs before diving under him.

James pushed free from his grasp as he fell to the ground in, moaning in pain.

"C'mon, quick!" Jennifer hissed urgently at James, who was busily observing Vincent.

"W-what?" He said, turning to look at Jennifer. Understanding his order, he then added, "oh, okay" and ran along beside her, smiling.

"What were you doing there?!" Jennifer shouted at James as soon as they'd arrived back in the hotel room an Jennifer'd closed the door behind them.

"I was just looking for you..." he replied shyly.

"next time don't." She said sternly before walking into a corner o the room, sighing.

James looked at her, looked at the ground and then climbed into his bed. This was no time for a chat.

Jennifer crossed her arms and looked at the wall. She sat there looking at it for a while, thinking. What did Vincent want with Abby? Why did he want her? What did she ever do to him? All these thoughts and questions that'd lurked into Jennifer's mind nerved her. As she thought on, she soon found herself drifting off to sleep. Sleep.