10th Doctor x Reader

Imagine: The Doctor comforting you after a nightmare. (Requested by @The_coolest_Timelord)

"Doctor!" I screamed, running down the endless corridor of the Dalek Crucible. We had been seperated not to long after our arrival, and I had been being chased by bloody Daleks ever since. "Doctor!"

"Exterminate! Exterminate!" the Daleks cried from behind me, making me rush into a nearby room. I couldn't die, I just couldn't. I had to find the Doctor.

"[Y/N]..." a familiar voice weakly called my name, making me look down. There was the Doctor, covered in blood.

"No...no!" I rushed towards him and fell to the floor beside him. I carefully lifted his head off the cold, metal floor. 

He coughed, "[Y/N]...get back to the TARDIS...she'll get you home..."

"No, never. I'm not leaving you," a sob escaped my throat as I cradled his head, "Everything is going to be fine. I promise."

The smile he gave me was weak, and only lasted for a half of a second. "Don't die with me..."

"You're not going to die,"  I said stubbornly, "You can regenerate!"

He shook his head, wincing in pain, "They've been doing their r-research, [Y/N]. Whatever they gave me, it's blocked t-the regeneration p-process."

"No..."

Tears were streaming from my eyes as he reached for my hand and slowly brought it to his lips, "P-promise me you'll make it out of here...get to the TARDIS, go home, find a b-bloke, start a family. The things I c-could never give y-you...Make me p-proud, love."

Before I even had the chance to answer him, his eyes fluttered close as a soft breath left his lips. He looked so...peaceful.

"Doctor?" I breathed, "Doctor!"

***

"[Y/N]! [Y/N]!" the Doctor shook me awake, making me sit up rather quickly. 

"Doctor?" I breathed, blinking a few times, just to make sure he was actually sitting before me, "You're okay?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" he chuckled.

I shook my head and wrapped my arms tightly around him, "Oh, Doctor..."

He frowned but hugged me back, "What were you dreaming about, [Y/N]?"

I gulped, refusing to talk. I never want to think about that again.

"[Y/N]?"

"It was just a nightmare," I murmured into his shoulder, "Doesn't matter."

He kissed my hair, "It's over with now, love."

I sniffled and relunctantly pulled back, "You mean a lot to me, you know that, Doctor?"

He smiled softly, "I had a hunch."

I chuckled and took his hand, "Thank you for waking me."

"I was worried. Not much frightens you."

"Yeah..."

"Are you sure you don't want to tell me what your dream was about?"

"Positive...I don't want to think about it ever again."

He nodded and squeezed my hand, "Do you need anything? Water? Tea? Banana?"

A smile made it's way to my lips, making him beam.

"Ah! There's that lovely smile!" he grinned, "I love that smile."

"Yeah, yeah," I nudged him, trying to hide my blush.

He smiled softly himself, "The question still stands, though. I can get you anything."

"I'm good," I said quickly. I didn't want him to leave yet. "...Doctor?"

"Yes, darling?"

"Can you stay with me? Just for the rest of the night?"

"As long as you want me to," he said sweetly.

My smile returned as he shrugged off his jacket and kicked off his red Converse. He laid down beside me and wrapped an arm around my waist.

"Thank you," I murmured, cuddling into him. I suppose I still needed a bit of proof to prove he was actually there. That nightmare was awful...

"Anytime, love," he kissed the top of my head and held me close as the two of us slowly drifted off to a rather blissful sleep.

*******

A/N: I'm so sorry it took so long! It just took me awhile to think of something. I hope you like it, and if not, I can try to write a different one. I jotted this down in like 20 minutes, so it probably sucks. Anyway, thank you for the cool request! I'm still needing more of those, by the way! I'd be happy to write anyone's idea, so request away! :)