Part 54

Dear diary,
I have never been to Paris. When I first visited France it was apart of the Western Roman Empire. The tourist attractions like the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre did not exist. God that was 5th century. I hadn't realized I had lived in New England for so long. Rebekah held on to me the entire night, not breaking her promise never to let go. Rebekah and my relationship was similar to one of sisters, but in a different way. Georgina was always tearing me down taunting me with her words, Rebekah was always there for me.. helping me choose dresses and giving me fashion advice. Rebekah was also very good with Marcel when he was younger, taking care of him when I wasn't around. I would never trust Georgina with a baby let alone my own. "Ladies wake up" Elijah said gently shaking my arm. As my eyes fluttered open I saw him and Klaus stand over us with a lightly light lamp. Elijah hair was now brushed down, as was Klaus. I have never noticed how long their hair was until now. Elijah was wearing red and Klaus blue, both their attire had gold accents. "What do you want?!" Rebekah moaned as she sat up from the bed pushing her blonde hair from her face with a stretch. "We need to leave" Elijah said letting go on my arm. "Why the boat hasn't stop?" I asked with a yawn. "Well..." Klaus began to say before Rebekah jumped up from the bed gracefully landing on the feet. "Don't tell me we are jumping?!" Rebekah excitedly said placing her hands on her hips. "We are jumping off the boat?" I gasped sitting myself up. The unmaintained bed shifted under my weight. "Yes my dear" Elijah smiled. "But I can't swim" I sadly said looking down at my feet. I was still wear my dress from yesterday and beige tight-fitting leggings. I waited for laughter and mocking remarks, but they never came. I knew if Kol was here he would joke about my incapability. "I'll teach you" Rebekah offered. I smiled looking up at her. She looked tired for the undead her blonde hair was a curly mess, well I was lucky enough to have boring straight hair which rarely knotted. "Alright when do we leave?" I asked turning my attention to the boys. Klaus dramatic looked down at his wrist, searching for his nonexistent watch, before looking back up at me. "Now" he smiled. I rolled my eyes. Ugh the agony. As we made our way to the bow of the boat creaking with each step, we needed to be extra careful and quiet so we did not wake anyone. I wouldn't be surprised if we were travelling illegally. The boat was of older make therefore sneaking around was difficult. I looked up at the newly lit sky. The sun was just rising on the arisen, causing the sky to dance with pinks and oranges. It was as pretty as a picture, as prefect as a memory... one I will always remember. "What about Kol?" Elijah whispered to Klaus who smirked. "I have him taken care of" he winked. "Now Rebekah if you may" he said gesturing to the cold choppy water. Rebekah gave my arm a squeeze before walking to the edge of the boat. The water splash upwards as her body hit the water. She let out a giggle calling out for us to join her. Elijah drove in after her, giving me a wave as his head popped out of the water. Klaus offered me his hand, leading me to the edge of the boat. I went to grabbed his hand as the body tipped, pushing me overboard. Klaus could see the fear in my eyes as I feel back. My hand gently brushing against his. My body fell backwards into the water. "No" Klaus yelled diving after me. The cold water swallowed me hold, creeping into my lungs. I chocked. Visions of singing voices entered my head. The beautiful songs of sirens. My eyes slowly closed as I breathed in air. I gasped opening my eyes, I was still under the water but breathe air bubbles, like a fish. I looked to see Klaus quickly wrapping his arms around my waist hoisting me up to the surface. I coughed water spewing from my lungs. "We thought you were dead" Rebekah yelled. "Klaus what happened down here?" Elijah asked swimming over to us. "Pesky sirens" Klaus said wiping my wet hair from my face. "Well that was..." I smiled. "Terrifying?" Rebekah asked. "Cursed?" Elijah mumbled. "Deadly?" Klaus laughed moving his fingers gently down my face. "Exquisite, may we go again?" I giggled. "Well I'm glad you enjoyed dying today" Klaus laughed placing his hand back around my waist holding me up against the crashing waves. Confusion washed over me. I died? That couldn't be true! I believed I could breathe under water, was it all a lie? I was told from stories that sirens had a way with messing with your mind and your memories. I wondered what they wanted from me.