Chapter 8

————————
In which Keigo and his partner
meet their bundle of joy.
————————

Just as Rei had suspected, Keigo was in fact in labor. It was in the middle of gifts that their suspicions had been confirmed. They were both sitting as they opened the cards and gifts that had been brought. Keigo having to take small breaks every now and then from the contractions. Rumi constantly reminded him that he could leave and go get their bags and such, but Keigo refused. Soon, they got worse and he couldn't hide the pain as well anymore. That's when Touya stood up and told everyone that they had to go.

He couldn't watch the blonde in pain like that. Keigo refused him every time he wanted to leave, but now he was trying to hold back the cries of pain.
"T-Tou...ya..." Keigo managed to whine as the black haired villain helped him up.
"I know baby, I know... But we'll be out of here soon. I promise." He said as he carefully helped him out of the building and to Rumi's car. He left him get into the passenger seat and made sure he was okay before rushing to the driver's side of the car. He exhaled shakily as he realized this was it. They're really about to have a baby.

Touya started the car and drove to the hospital as close to the speed limit as possible. Although he may have been going 10 over almost the whole time. Thankfully, the hospital wasn't very far from the Banquet Hall. Keigo was a little upset that they didn't have their hospital bag, but he couldn't really complain. Hey had just pulled into the parking lot when Keigo let out a gasp. Touya immediately looked over confused and worried.
"What? What's wrong?!" He panicked slightly. Keigo swallowed and looked down at the stain spreading between his legs on the seat.
"My w-water broke..." the blonde said as his voice shook.

The scarred male's eyes immediately widened. He was really trying to stay calm, but with his lover about to have their son, he was flipping out. Keigo wasn't doing much better. Grabbing onto the arm rest between the two seats and trying to breath through the pain. He knew labor and birth would hurt. But he never imagined it would hurt this bad! Touya eventually snapped back to reality and shoved his nervousness to the back of his mind. Getting out and rushing to help Keigo out of the car. He helped the winged male into the hospital and immediately had them checked in.

Touya knew he was getting a side glance by most of the hospital's staff and patients due to him being a well known villain, but he could care less at this point. He wanted Keigo to be safe and okay before he worried about anything else. Touya didn't calm down until they were in a private room like Keigo had wanted, and that Keigo was now in a gown, sitting in the bed as he was hooked up to different things. Keigo was a little touchy at the moment. His feelings being all over the place. He was scared, excited, worried, and overjoyed all at once. The blonde knew this might be the day he meets his son.

"How are you feeling, Kei?" Touya asked from his seat next to the bed. Already holding Keigo's hand absentmindedly. The blonde looked over and took a shaky breath.
"I'm nervous... But... really happy we might get to see our son." He said softly as he responded as truthfully as he could be.
"I'm nervous too... But I know we can do this. Rumi texted me while they were getting you prepped, she sent everyone home and took majority of the gifts home. She said she'll come put the car seat in the car as well sometime tonight if we're still here." The ravenette replied. Keigo nodded and used his free hand to rub his belly.

"Okay..." he said softly as his mind wondered. "Um, Tou? We still don't have a name..." he said off topic. Touya looked at him and blinked, realizing he was right.
"I guess not..." the older said softly. He hummed softly as he thought about the names he'd found or taken interest in.
"Did you think of anymore?" Keigo asked knowing that he had a few new suggestions.
"I did. But I'm not sure if you like them." Touya said softly. Keigo smiled softly and looked over at him while letting his hand rest on his belly.
"Well I'm sure they're not that bad. What are they?" He asked softly.
"One was Niko. And then another was Itsuki, with the kanji for life or child..." he said softly.