Chapter 8

Chapter 8
I woke this morning and got dressed into a black crop top, blue shorts, a black hat, a necklace and black stiletto boots.

Danny came up to me while I was walking through the corridor at school before lessons.

"I thought I told you to stay away from that Cody lad?" He asked me.

"And I thought I told you that you can't tell me what to do. I guess we both didn't listen." I replied. I walked away.

Ugh, I can't believe him.

I saw Cody in the hall and I smiled and waved. He smiled back.

The first half of the day was boring but the second half was surprising.

I was in the bathroom when a guy and a girl stumbled out of the toilet. I thought I heard kissing. I was washing my hands and I looked up to see that it was Cody and a girl from one of my classes.

"Sydney?" He asked me. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry." He said to me.

I looked at him like he was insane, "Sorry for what?" I asked.

"For betraying you, for cheating on you." he said to me.

"But you didn't. I told you when you asked me, Saturday was just us hanging out like friends. I don't have feelings for you. If that's what you think. We are not dating." I told him with a shrug.

"But... But" he said.

"You didn't do anything to me. And if we were dating I would have expected it anyway because you are a what my mom would call a ladies man to put it nicely, that's why I never agreed to make it a date because this would happen and because I have no feelings for you, we are just friends." I explained.

"But if you are trying to get rid of me then..." I was cut off.

"No you are my friend why would I get rid of you?" He asked.

"Ummm, maybe because you get rid of every girl. Like now. What's her name?" I asked him pointing to Stephanie.

"Uhhhhh...." He said

"Stephanie" I told him.

"Yeah that's it" he said. I chuckled and shook my head.

"Boys" I said, rolling my eyes. "But don't think that your my boy best friend. Because I have already had one of those and it didn't turn out well." I said the last part to myself, but he heard.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I had to move away and he didn't support me. Broke my heart, all that jibber jabber." I shrugged.

"Was it when you moved here a few weeks ago?" He asked.

"No it was years ago, when I moved from here." I told him.

He nodded. "Well anyways. I better go to lunch. Well, to the library. I have a book to finish, remember?" I asked with a smile. He smiled at me.

"Oh and wait till you come out of here, I don't want people to think anything." I said to him. He nodded. "Good boy, see ya around." I said before exiting.

I finished my book before the end of lunch so I checked it back in and looked around for another one. I pulled it off the shelf and was about to check it out when someone grabbed it from me.

I looked up to see Danny. What does he want now?

"My friend told me that he saw you and Cody coming out of the bathroom together." He growled at me.

"Well I was in the bathroom washing my hands when he comes out with Stephanie. We had a conversation but I told him to wait  before coming out so it didnt look like something its not, but obviously, he didn't" I said "is that enough for you?" I asked.

He looked defeated. "Yeah whatever, but I will be checking with Stephanie." He said

"Go ahead" I told him. "Now can I please have my book back?" I asked. He sighed and gave it to me. "Thank you." I told him before checking it out of the library.