Part 1

I pushed the breaks making my car stop abruptly.

Fuck.

Taking deep breaths, I got out of my car.

"What the hell were you thinking jumping in front of my car?"

The man with a crooked back grinned at me, creepily.

"You should go at the well and offer your blood before moving forward."

I folded my arms, "What are you talking about? You jumped in front of my car and now you want me to do some offering."

"My job is done. I informed you about the well. As soon as you enter the forest, walk ten steps in any direction and you will find the well."

How the hell I got stuck with this crazy old man at three in the night.

"But--"

"Remember this as warning if you want to cross this forest, alive!" He warned, directing a crooked finger at me.

The man limped back inside the trees scattered along the roads signifying the start of a dark forest.

A dark haze seemed to envelope those trees. The silence of these woods was unbearable.

Not even a single sound.

A shiver shot through my spine.

There is no way I will be entering that forest, that too at night.

Shaking my head, I moved back inside my car.

The car didn't start.

My solo trip ruined because of one old man. If he didn't jump in front of my car, I would be out of this freaky place.

Huffing, I got out of the car to check if anything's wrong with it.

Suddenly something pushed me so hard that I hit a nearby tree.

Black spots danced in my vision.

As my vision became clear, numerous glowing yellow eyes came into my view

A whisper said, "You ignored my warning, now you just have a few moments left to perform the ritual."

A screeching growl echoed throughout the forest followed by several sneering laughing sounds.

I backed away on my butt slowly. My hand had hit a thick wooden stick.

Those eyes moved nearer. I heard slobbering sounds as if they were getting ready for a delicious treat.

My hand fiddled with the lighter inside my pocket. I grabbed it and tried to light that stick with shaking hands.

Thudding sounds were nearing...

Get lit!

More slobbering noises...

Get lit!

One of the creatures scratched my face, making my face burn. At that instant the stick got lit with fire.

I shoved the stick at creature's face. The creature frantically pawed at its face.

More yellow spots started appearing.

In the light of the fire, I made the biggest mistake.

I saw the appearance of those creatures.

Those creatures had pure, bright yellow eyes and a body mutated between a hyena and a lizard.

The stick almost fell down. A whimper escaped my lips.

More screeching laughs...

I entered the forest, counting steps in my mind, shoving the stick at any creature that came nearer. I felt like I  was spinning around in all directions at once.

Four creatures circled me, more joining them as time passed. I tried to frighten them away with the fire but all it could do was to drive them a bit farther. They were not running away like they did in the beginning.

A daring creature jumped at me, I deflected the attack by hitting him hard with the stick, its fur caught fire making it whimper. The rest of them backed away seeing the fate of their friend but still maintained enough  distance to attack me if they got a chance.

I continued frightening them with the fire. Tears were falling from my eyes non stop.

Three steps left.

Two..

One..

Zero..

The well was in front of me.

More yellow spots started gathering. They were becoming immune to this fire, I need to do this faster.

The stick was getting shorter. Screeching growls and slobbering noises were erupting everywhere making me panic.

I slashed my palm by the sharper end of the stick. Blood oozed out, I squeezed my palm oozing out more blood and dropped it inside the well.

Suddenly everything went silent as if a switch was turned off.

I limped back towards my car, my clothes ripped and bloody. My body was covered in mud and deep wounds.

Sun was rising and the road started becoming busy.

I waved my hand to ask for lift. One nice couple stopped their car.

"Hello! My name is Rachel. Can you take me to the nearest hospital? Some animals attacked me and my car is broken down."

"Of course, come inside!"

I settled down at the backseat, my eyes drifting close due to the pain.

As I looked out of the window, I saw the old man grinning at me, creepily.