Yorknew City - Chapter 40

Lizzy's POV:

The two guys from earlier asked us some questions about why we were tailing them, and asked us about this 'chain user' they were talking about. Gon and Killua had surrendered, and now we were riding in their car, probably going to their hideout.

"I'll ask you once again. Do you know the chain user?" The woman with short, straight blonde hair asked us.

"I don't. I've already told you that!" Gon retorted.

"We have no idea who this 'chain user' is, so quit asking us that crap!" Lynn yelled at her. I only shook my head.

"I see. How about you, boy? Any guesses?" She placed an arm around Killua's neck much to Lynn's displeasure.

"Don't you touch him!" She growled, startling the woman. "My, you're quite feisty."

"Shut it! Let go of him or else..." Her icy cold glare pierced through her soul, and she reluctantly removed her arm from the boy's neck.

The tires screeched, signalling our arrival at some old, abandoned building. We followed them inside, walking constantly.

We reached an area where several others were waiting. Some of them had grim, fearsome appearances while others like the guy with blond hair wearing a lavender outfit, looked casual.

"Welcome to our hideout." The woman said, gesturing to everyone in the area. My eyes looked around the horrid setting. Everyone was in a mood. There was a certain magician sitting on the rocks, trying to act natural. I widened my eyes at him, shocked to find him here.

"Hey!" Gon blurted out, attracting everyone's attention.

Oh, wow. Way to blow our cover there. Great job, Gon...

"Eh? Do you know someone here?" The man with dark, long hair asked.

Killua scratched his head, thinking of an acceptable excuse. "Uh...no."

"Hey! You're that girl who arm-wrestled Gon!" Lynn pointed at the dark-haired female who was reading a book.

"Huh? Do you know them, Shizuku?" Someone with blond hair and no eyebrows asked her.

"No, I don't." The girl named Shizuku replied.

"What?!" I exclaimed, confused.

"I remember. The kid who arm wrestles." The short guy noted.

"Who?" She asked, not remembering anything about that particular time.

"Two days ago, you lost to him in an arm-wrestling contest." A monster-looking guy pointed at Gon.

"He beat me?" Shizuku questioned. "That's a total lie! I would never lose to a little kid. Sure, I'm not the strongest, but still..."

"Well, you were using your right hand." He stated.

"But I'm left-handed. Why would I use my weaker hand?"

"Don't bother." The short guy spoke up. "Once she has forgotten something, she'll never remember it again."

"Never mind. Guess I was mistaken." The monster guy sighed.

"Thought so." The girl returned to reading her book.

"Hold on. Did you actually beat Shizuku?" The long-haired man asked the spiky-haired boy.

"Yeah." Gon answered.

"Enough with that crap already!" Lynn screamed, the others startled by her outburst. "I know there is one of you who probably knew about the murder in Yorknew City eight years ago! My parents were involved in the attack you guys brought out, and one of you killed them! When I think about it, all I see are their bloody and beheaded corpses!" She looked like she was about to cry, but she kept her tears from falling down her face. I felt the pain of our past rush through me, and I quivered.