Opportunity (Oswald x Reader)

This was not how he imagined having this club would feel like. He had less business then when Fish was running it. He had a new look, a new name. None of that was really working.

Oswald stood watching as another excuse of a comedian pulled off his bit in a terrible manner. The few people that were occupying the tables rolled their eyes at the horrible jokes, some leaving not being able to stand for one more. Irritation arose inside Oswald, thinking that if it were him he would've done the same thing.

These incompetent people. No talent at all. They're the reason why business is going down the toliet. I need to recruit some new and fresh attractions. Give this club life. As soon as we close I'll put an ad on the papers and hopefully this dreadful disaster called "entertainment" will end.

Within the week hopeless dreamers and drifters came through Oswald's club but did not suit his definition of entertainment. More painful jokes came by and no-talent musicians played what they called music. Oswald was at the end of his rope.

.~.~.~.~.

Opportunity had struck and you think this might be your chance. Being a college drop out had some disadvantages (many disadvantages) but being the optimistic person you were you felt that this was the path that was carved for you. An ad in the paper gave you the hope you needed.

Entertainers needed for club Oswald's. Will take any form.

This could be your shot at doing something that won't bore, irritate, or tire you out. You held the newspaper with a smile on your face thoughts, racing until a loud cough interrupted.

"Are you gonna pay for that?" the owner of the newspaper stand asked. You realized you were just standing there and got yourself together.

"Oh, of course. My bad." You scrambled to get your money out your small yet handy messenger bag and pay the pushy man. Putting the newspaper in your messenger, you walk back towards your apartment building to get ready for this job opening.

Excited, you rushed to change into something better. First impressions always last. You rush out of your apartment until you almost forgot something. "My god, what a scatter brain..." you said to yourself when you went to your bedroom and picked up your guitar and placed it within its black case. How am I gonna perform without you, you thought to yourself.

During the walk to the club, you try to calm yourself down that way you didn't come off too strong when you meet the employer. You tugged on your grey sweater and pulled down on your black beanie to cover your ears. The weather in Gotham is always gloomy but you noticed that it started to pick up on the cold. The wind started slapping your cheeks to a light pink color.

Entering the very welcomed warm air that's in the club, your leather black boots made an impression on the silent club towards the bar where a man in a red vest had his back to you, organizing the liquor for the night. "Excuse me," you said a bit timidly, "Um, I'm here for the ad in the paper. I was hoping that I could try out for the job opening..."

The man turned around a bit surprised at first but then went to a relaxed state. Must've thought I was apart of the mob or something. "Of course. Wait here, I'll go get Mr. Cobblepot." as he said that he left his area and rushed to the back where the office might have been. You stood there, hands clasped in front of you, your nerves trying to get the better of you. Trying not to think about it, you looked around realizing how elegant the place looked. Chandeliers, the dim lights, the stage, it felt like the highest people of society came here.

You then heard footsteps coming to your spot. You looked up and saw the bartender along with a man who had a very noticeable limp. He wore a fancy suit and his pitch black hair swept to the side in contrast of his pale white face. To be honest, you didn't think he was bad looking at all, although he had an irritated look on his face. He stopped in front of you, bartender in tow, and gave an innocent smile. "Hello, my name is Oswald Cobblepot," his hand rose. You took it and shook it. "I'm the one in charge here." he said in a proud tone. "You're here for the opening I presume?"