One Fateful Day

Izuku was high on pain medication. It was obvious. He had been babbling to himself for the last hour. 

The last fight had left him so incapacitated that even Recovery Girl figured that it would be safer to just send him to the hospital. This happened often enough that he had his own room at the hospital, as well as the hospital bed that he always frequented. 

All his visitors had been instructed not to visit, and to give him a little while to recover as the medication wore off. Still, not everyone was gone. There was still one there, one who had always been there for him in all of his stays. 

"Thanks for staying," Izuku whispered. "You've always been there for me, and I don't know what I would do without you." He was barely sober enough to form complete sentences, but he still needed to tell them how he felt. 

"I really love you. You don't have to respond, I know you don't feel the same way. But..." He paused, closing his eyes tight to try and help with his headache, and to try and help with his worry that they didn't like him back. Then he repeated, "I don't know what I would do without you." 

Izuku opened his eyes to stare longingly at them. "I don't normally tell people things like this. But with you, I just can't help it. I love you, so, so much." He finally fell back asleep. 

The medication wore off by the time he woke up, and even though they were still there when he awoke, he didn't seem to remember any of that. Not like they had the power to remind him. 

However, even though he forgot, the rest of his friends, who had been anxiously waiting for him, did hear. And they did remind him once he had recovered. In fact, they never finished teasing him. 

Ochaco, though, put it best, running into his room the moment he seemed to be alright again, and exclaiming loud enough for the other patients to hear, "Deku, the f-ck, it's a bed."

This may be short but it was, arguably, the best way to cure my writers block, and therefore I apologize for nothing.