▪︎𝟸▪︎

A/N: Yes, I am back from the dead, hello. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's still reading and commenting on Elysian and keeping it alive, didn't expect it to still be active. Now, here's a second chapter, I hope you like it :).

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The last box was carried up the stairs, the new family now only waiting for the arrival of their furniture so they could finish the unpacking.

~ "Will, we're going into the town to get some ice cream!" Joyce shouted upstairs, where the boy was putting the boxes together so they weren't scattered across the entire room. Unlike most boys his age, he didn't really like the mess. He then turned around when he heard his mother's voice, pressing his lips into a thin line while thinking how to talk himself out of this 'new family' stuff. He walked out of now his room and made his way down the stairs.

~ "Mom...I promised Mike I'd be at his house soon. You said I can go-"

~ "Well, Mike's house is along the way, you could ask the party if they want to join." Joyce gave him a little smile, but the boy didn't seem excited at all.

~ "But we're supposed to meet up at Mike's basement. We have plans, mom...they wanted to come and see the new house after anyways, we could join then."

Joyce sighed at her son's answer, but nodded eventually.

~ "Okay. But be back soon. The furniture is supposed to be here in a few hours and we'll need help."

Will nodded with a smile now, walking towards the door already.

~ "Okay mom! Thanks, bye!" And like that, he was gone and off to the Wheeler's house.

Joyce shook her head with a light smile as she picked up a box and started unpacking it while Hopper walked to the stairs.

~ "El?! Come on, kid. Let's go get some ice cream, huh?" He called into the hall, seeing the brunette's head peek out from one of the rooms and smiling when he saw her nod and walk down the stairs to him.

Joyce smiled too even though she felt a little sad since the girl was so quiet ever since she met her. She remembered Hopper telling her she was an outgoing kid just a few months ago. Now, it was a surprise if she spoke more than one sentence without anyone asking her something first. She wasn't about to make her speak though. She probably wouldn't succeed even if she did since El rarely interacted with her. She was aware that she had to be parient. Give her more time.

~ "Alright. Let's go." Hopper smiled at them both before walking out with them and locking the door behind him.

______________________________________

In the meantime, Will got to the Wheeler's house, being welcomed by Mike and walking with him to the party's usual meeting spot. As they walked down the steps to the basememt together, Will saw that the rest of the group was already there. And by the look on their faces when they saw him, he could tell that they definitely weren't there to talk about the new D&D campaign.

~ "What took you so long, man?" Lucas asked as he stood up.

~ "I came as soon as I could, sorry. Had to find an excuse. Mom almost made me bring the weirdo here." Will answered, sitting down on a couch next to the boy. Lucas frowned, confused a little.

~ "The weirdo?" He asked.

~ "Yeah. THE weirdo? Aka my new step-sister?" He said, wondering if the rest of the party forgot about her. They all nodded in realization now though.