prologue

a/n inspired by the song "i think i love you" by the partridge family, i recommend giving it a listen :)

i'm spinning, no, scratch that, we're spinning. the lights are circling around us in a warm haze, i feel the heat of the summer night being cooled down by the light breeze surrounding us- intensified by our rotation. i feel your slightly sweaty hands holding onto mine so tight, so that you don't let go of me. i'm surprised our feet aren't tripping over each other- i'm definitely the most clumsy out of the both of us- seeing as we're going so fast, but i'm having too much fun to care. my brown bangs are breezing in my face, my ponytail also whipping around my neck, but as i throw my head back to laugh at the sheer joy i'm feeling, my hair falls back with me, clearing my face so i can look up at the tin roof of the barn we've been coming to for years.

the atmosphere is so joyful, the moment charged with happiness as the stars and moon and lanterns fill the air with a summery luster. the light, old, 70s tune spurring everyone's happy spins. my heart and red sundress flutter with my turns, and i try to take a look around the old barn to capture this moment in my mind forever.

i see niall and liam laughing in the corner, drinking beers while trying to clap to the beat but failing miserably on account for their drunkenness. but hey- i'm sorta tipsy too, so i just laugh along with them.

then i glance to you, and i focus on your smile first. i see the pinkness of your lips and your two front teeth which are slightly bigger than the rest of your smile. my eyes travel up your face and i see your cheeks next, which are rosier than usual- adding an almost angelic haze. i find it funny that just a couple of months ago, i never would have likened your face to that of an angel's. but then again, a couple of months ago i thought i'd never be able to enter this barn again, and here i am.

my gaze moves up to look into your gorgeous green eyes, and i know i was saving the best for last. the emerald color makes me feel alive when i look at them, breathing life into the forest that grows in my soul- it's cheesy, i know but you really are the light of my life and i can't help but think it as i watch your glossy, brown curls bounce with our spinning and the moonlit breeze.

in my drunken mind, i look at you in this moment, and i know i love you.

i'm cursed with the knowledge of my feelings for you as soon as i think it, knowing i'd never be able to deny it if someone asked, but feeling fucked with the reality of not being able to say it out loud.

"why not?" i think in my drunken haze, but i know why not. i know why what i've realized is forbidden knowledge, never supposed to see the light of day. i know that i can only feel like this when we're drunk and in the middle of nowhere.

i'm yours, harry. and i'm not supposed to be.