Chapter 4: Sins of the Father

Inferno stares at them cautiously. He was unsure on how they would react to the news. They all had varying degrees of shock and horror. His claws rap nervously on the stone as he tenses up.

"T-Truly? He's gone?"

"Dead as your love for him."

Inferno flares his wings out, spreading soft embers.

"Now that I've delivered the news, excuse me, but I feel as if I've prolonged my stay."

He beats them once and takes off. Mothra then cautiously steps forward.

"Wait! Who are you then?"

"I'm Inferno. A descendant of his given his powers in order to save my life by Rodan himself. And I'm not sticking around. I'm seeking to learn about what has happened to Rodan's home island. See what happened to his tribe."

He beats his wings once more.

"I'm not here to redeem Rodan for him, merely stopped by to stop the Order. Rodan made mistakes. But hey, don't we all?"

He then turns and flies away, his massive wings carrying him far out of sight and out of reach. As if he had some sort of turtle instinct, he distinctly remembers a leaning mountain that he had never seen before. He banks right as he spots it, and soars off into the open ocean once more, now heading south west instead of west. He scans the ocean and spots a small islet. As he flies above it, he sees a yellowish shine. He raises an eyebrow, and slowly circles the island. Every now and then, he sees another flash.

"Now what could that be?"

He slowly descends and lands with a soft thud. He spots a small mouse scamper by, but suddenly a figure jumps out from a bundle of shrubbery.  They pounce on the mouse, and one of their three little heads snaps it up swallows it whole, still alive. They sigh contentedly, before one of the little creature's three heads swivels around and spots inferno.

"Intwuda!"

The two other heads notice and the small being scampers off.

"Wait!"

But Inferno fails to catch them, and they plunge into a burrow. He crouched down in front of it.

"Hey kid! Or at least, I assume your a kid. I don't wanna hurt you."

"Go way! You lie!"

"I'm not. I honestly mean no harm. Look, I'll back away, and you can talk from the safety of your little burrow."

Inferno back away. And slowly, the figure emerges. Slightly less grumpy looking, the small creature peers at him with their three little heads, the two other heads sitting atop slightly longer necks. The young child had three horns on each side of each head. This formed a sort of crest. But along with that, he had long, unicorn like horns curling from each heads forehead.  They were shaped like a cutlass, and an occasional bolt of energy jumped from each horn. He shuffled his wyvernian wings and rattled the spikes on the clubs at the end of two pronged tail. Clinging to his body and giving him some form of modesty were the tattered remain of a toga like garb. This young boy was a Ghidorah. But there was a child. Not the being that had destroyed Rodan's life.

"What... are you doing out here?"

The young boys heads don a sad expression.

"Mommy and Daddy left us here. We weren't... viscous enough."

"That sucks. My dads gone, and my mommy is sucky too. I guess we have that in common."

He sits down on the sand, pulling his wings close to seem as non threatening as possible.

"I can be your big brother. I'm trying to find the home of my great granddaddy. You wanna come? There will be much better food than these mice."

The young Kaiju boy shuffles his feet, and the bolts of energy between the horns rapidly increase in volume and number. A sort of telepathy, Inferno assumes. The trio of heads finish their seeming discussion and hesitantly nod. Inferno smiles and bends down. The young boy latches onto Inferno's large back, and snuggles against the warm glowing lines on Inferno's skin.

       Inferno smiles, and spreads his wings, before softly taking off and flying at a much slower speed. It took longer than if he had simply ignored the golden flashing, but he didn't care. Inferno told the young boy when he was awake stories told by his father when he was his age. He also found out that the young boy's head each had different names and personalities. They said their true mother (who had mysteriously vanished), not their step mother, had called each of them a positive trait of their personality.

Benevolence was the middle head. He was the leader and, like his namesake, was kind and helpful, often reassuring Inferno when he expressed self doubts. He oozed a soothing aura that made many negative emotions cool slightly.

     Justice was the right head, and he was already remarkably good at telling truth from lies. Despite him not knowing how many family members Inferno had, correctly picking out the lie of having only one sister, saying he had three. It was... honestly slightly scary. He would hate to face Justice in court.

Last was Humility. While the other two were boisterous and loud and bragged about their abilities, Humility was a soft and quiet boy. But don't let that fool you. He could immediately know what to say to humble you so hard you'd be calling your mother for consolation.

Combined, they were a fierce trio, and an invaluable ally to on another. And to anyone they considered friends. And would never be cruel, heartless bastards like their father and step mother. Inferno smiles as their destination comes into view as dusk starts. Perhaps, he would help them find their mother, once his own issues were sorted out. He notices something strange about the island. Instead of a wilderness populated by scattered villages, what he saw instead was a massive  Ptera city.

     And a masive church stood near the base of the volcano. He perched and crouched low in an alley as a massive gathering of Ptera's along with their husbands and wives gathered. A very elderly Ptera male shuffles forth. His claws blunt and one of his eyes milky white, but a soft and friendly smile spread wide across his creased face.

"Today... we honor the great hero Rodan. He who saved us from Calamity, and brought the life giving side of the volcano out. Our island has prospered, but our hero has never returned. We honor him with the Fire Festival. We honor him on his valiant last stand against the Traitorous Queens, and the potential he may ride from the volcano again!"

Cheers erupted, and the Pteras take off, clutching sticks. The massive brazier clutched between the talons of the statue of Rodan flared with multicolored flames. The Pteras dip the sticks into the inferno. They dance through the air, tossing the blazing sticks to one another in a rainbow of multi colored flames. The young Ghidrorah, who as a collective he decided The Ghiddies, were captivated.

"Whoa! So many colors! Can we do that."

"No wait don-"

Their horns crackle with multiple surges of electricity and as a reflex Inferno rapidly but gently sets them down as their horns suddenly generate multi colored electrical halos. And then they popped brilliantly. And quite loudly. Audible enough that a few guards noticed and were curiously investigating. Inferno hurriedly reaches and grabs the excited Ghiddies, and slowly slinks deeper into the alleyway. But as he scrabbles you a wall, he hears a shout.

"Hey! You! Who are you?!"

Panicking, Inferno flared his wings open as a sort of primal intimidation tactic that he had through the had suppressed. The guards stop and stare as they ogle at the cooled lava texture of his wings.

"By the Fiery Depths... are you... Rodan?"