Chapter 5 Freedom

Shigaraki followed the railroad tracks for a while before coming across the train station. There was a freight train at the station Shigaraki felt nervous about what he was about to do. Train hopping was illegal and highly dangerous if he made it with all his limbs intact he'd be surprised. If he got caught not only would Shigaraki be in huge trouble with the law he'd be taken back to his father so he really had to be careful. Shigaraki set down on the bench where passengers were waiting to get on the train. He hoped if he acted normal he wouldn't get caught it still might confuse people that a fourteen-year-old boy was waiting for a train by himself but he'd already come up with an excuse. He'd just say he was going to visit his mom in the city. Shigaraki didn't look at the person who sat beside him as they sat down. "Hey, creep it's you!" A familiar voice greeted him Shigaraki turned around to look at Touya in shock. Had he been followed? Shigaraki panicked he wondered if the other teen was thinking of turning him in.

"Did you follow me?" Shigaraki asked quietly so not alert to the other people around them.

Touya shook his head, "No I didn't but I'm running away. What are you doing here?"

"Same as you," Shigaraki said Touya smirked he had an evil glint in his eyes which made Shigaraki nervous.

"Up for a little train-hopping creep? I ain't got no money on me to buy a ticket." Touya asked Shigaraki smiled so he wasn't the only one who hated that town.

"I got enough for a ticket but I'd rather save it for food," Shigaraki said Touya smiled back the teen he felt heat rise to his cheeks he thought Touya looked cute when he smiled. Shigaraki blushed further at the thought he shook his head trying to think about something else. Touya smirked when he saw the teen blush he was going to have fun teasing him later. Now wasn't the right time as the train was going to leave any minute. The people that were actually supposed to ride the train started getting on when they were told to. Touya and Shigaraki both looked at each other Shigaraki nodded silently telling Touya it was bout time for them to leave.

The two teens got up Touya in the front lead them behind the train. Shigaraki looked behind them to make sure no one was following them. Once knowing no one had Shigaraki climbed on the ladder on the back of the train when he felt his feet touch the train he let out a sigh of relief. Touya followed behind quickly climbing up they had done the easy part of getting on the train the hard part was not getting caught. "Give me a boost," Touya said Shigaraki was confused at first before he saw Touya looking up at the top of the train. Shigaraki imagined the worst possible thing could happen if one of them fell off the top of the train. They could be run over or worse dead if they got lucky by the end of it. Shigaraki shook his head in protest he didn't want to live the rest of his life without an arm or missing a leg. "It's okay I know you're scared but we can't get caught and up there's our best bet," Touya said trying to calm the other teen down.

"That's just it Dabi. It's a bet a gamble. What if something goes wrong?" Shigaraki asked frustrated tears gathered in the corners of his eyes he was scared.

"We've come too far to just give up please just help me. We only got a little farther to go than were free." Touya pleaded he couldn't do this alone.

"Fine but if you lose an arm or something don't blame me," Shigaraki said he said it seriously but Touya chuckled he gave an amock salute. Shigaraki rolled his eyes at the other teen's childish attitude. Shigaraki helped Touya get onto the top of the train by boosting him up. Touya had to climb his way onto it he was panting and out of breath by the time he was done because his foot kept slipping when he tried to get a foothold on something. Touya's feet ended up dangling in the air for a few seconds as only his grip on the top of the train kept him from falling. Shigaraki had panicked during those few tense seconds but relaxed when Touya made it safely to the top.

Touya held out his hand for Shigaraki to grab, "Take my hand let's go."

Shigaraki grabbed onto Touya's hand who pulled him up to the top of the train it took the energy out of Touya from having to hold someone almost his weight. The two collapsed side by side on the top of the train each out of breath from helping each other up. "We did it!" Shigaraki said happily he was still in disbelief they'd done it. They were free for the first time in their lives.