𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

the sky was as blue as the mythical deep sea, the sun was as bright and yellow as the autumn leaves in the fall, and the grass seemed to be even more greener than green could be. with that being said, it was supposed to be a beautiful day to awaken. then, why did tomioka awaken to blood being spilled onto his clothing?

y/n's eyes fluttered open, her lashes were like the wings of fairies floating in the air. she felt much better now, for kocho and tomioka were able to feed her some food and water. but of course, she was curious. how did they manage to do that in her unconscious state? y/n slowly lifted her fingers to feel her chapped lips; y/n had no idea why, but ever since she had awaken, she had the soothing feeling of warmth left on lips.

y/n croaked out, "tomioka-san?.. kocho-san?" y/n scanned the area in front of her, she knew that they had left the abandoned home.. but where was she? y/n's eyes caught a sleeping tomioka, she did not realize he was asleep at first because he was leaning onto the wall. y/n did not know where kocho was, but hoped she was unharmed and safe.

y/n struggled to stand up, but pushed herself to get up but holding the wall pushing beside her. she had no intention to wake the male up, but instead to admire the beauty in front of her. y/n did not pay attention to the looks of a person much, but tomioka looked like an elegant moving painting. his soft snores were cute, at least to her.

y/n held on her hand to touch the male's strands of hair. the moment she let go, tomioka fell on top her. "don't.. leave me.. again.. please.." it seemed that he was either having a dream or he was sleep talking to himself. "again?" y/n questioned to herself. she shook it off, it was rude to interfere with someone's personal life, anyways. tomioka was hugging y/n's body as if she were some sort of teddy bear; it did not make her uncomfortable, in fact it made her feel safe and protected.

"yoo-hoo!~ i'm baacckk—" as if something caught kocho's throat, she did not finish her sentence. kocho felt a burning ache in her chest, "tomioka. why is he.. on top of you?" it was almost like if you placed a bucket under her words, you could see the venom dripping from it. was kocho angry at her? y/n was startled, why would she be angry?

"he fell on top of me, i believe he is sleeping right now, so do hush just a bit please." y/n placed her index finger onto kocho's lips, signaling her to shush. kocho's eyes darted away from y/n's; she swiftly brought her hands to her mouth like she was covering something. "i believe i have no introduced myself yet, i am l/n y/n. you can just call me y/n, though. no need for formalities." y/n gave a tiny smile to kocho, but because it was not very noticeable, y/n assumed kocho did not see it.

"we are leaving soon, we have almost arrived at master ubuyashiki's estate, i recommend you to wake up tomioka soon, y- y/n." oh, how y/n's name slithered right off kocho's tongue. kocho started whispering to herself, "y/n.. y/n y/n y/n.. y/n.." it was so quiet, that y/n just assumed she was saying something else to herself.

♡♡♡

tomioka opened his eyes, he was on someone's back. he immediately knew it was y/n that was carrying him, and he was surprised. how did such a petite girl like her carry him? tomioka looked down onto his clothing, blood..? tomioka's eyes met with y/n's. "go.. go.. we must keep going.." what was going on? had they encountered a demon? how? it was day time, it would be impossible. tomioka jumped off y/n's back, something was chasing them. kocho was lying lifeless on the ground. tomioka turned, and there it was. black gas swallowed up y/n just before his eyes, tomioka's heart stopped.

♡♡

covered in sweat, tomioka awoke a second time. this time, it was where kocho, him, and y/n found a place to stay until morning. he was holding onto something, and the something, was a someone. that someone, was y/n. he immediately let go, "s- sorry." tomioka looked to side, trying to cover his tomato red face. he was glad, y/n was safe. he was a bit disappointed that kocho was standing there alive, though.

maybe he will get the chance.. the chance to make his dream come true. of course, without y/n dying. of course..

(i didnt know how to end off this chapter llllol-- ALSO TO PEOPLE WHO ARE CONFUSED, HE MEANS KILLING SHINOBU IN THE DREAM TO MAKE IT REALITY)