23

i'm having wayyy too much fun with this book.
tw: manipulative actions, negative thinking, abuse.

ron stayed away from briar after realizing his feelings. it seemed as though briar was avoiding everyone. she would go to meals either really early or really late and during their free time she would be no where to be seen. hermione was getting upset with her for always rushing out of classes as soon as they could leave and not staying with them when they sat with near her at meal times. jessie didn't even seem to know where she was going, and would always claim ron knew where she was but wasn't saying anything.

seeing as though briar wasn't around anywhere and it was the second week of february, jessie wasn't around either. he was never in his dorm, which ron was very happy about. when he was around he was surrounded with friends or talking to girls.

"hey, ron. have you seen briar? i wanted to talk to her." cedric putting a firm hand on ron's shoulder. "why does everyone expect i know where she is? i don't know where she is!"

"oi, sorry- i just thought you may know."

"well i don't!" he said storming out of the dining hall.

cedric searched everywhere where he thought she could be. managed to sneak up to her dorm, wasn't there. checked every corner of the library, not there. by the lake, no. kitchens, not there. he was walking down the hall growing frustrated. the second task was soon and he only felt comfortable telling harry and briar what it was supposed to be.

just like it did for briar a door he hadn't seen appeared. he took out his wand and held it out in front of him as he opened the door. he walked in and saw briar sitting on a huge bed reading. lowering his wand he walked over to her "what is this place?" she looked up to him surprised he found her "the room of requirement."

"why have you been gone all week?" she lifted her head up instead of just her eyes this time, "just needed to get away."

"from what?"

"...jessie" she whispered "he's everywhere i turn. waiting for me after classes, in the mornings, in the evenings, at meals, weekends are the worst of them all."

"he sounds a little off of it if you ask me." he chuckled. he looked at him unamused "don't you think i know that? i've been wracking my brain all week trying to figure out a way to break up with him without him murdering me. he can be quite intimidating when he's upset."

"well first of all, you're not going to get past this locking yourself in this... room, you might as well just try and get it over with."

"i guess you're right." she sighed. standing up from the bed it disappeared. "i have missed toulouse."

"see? here, i'll walk you back to your common room."

~

"he could be in there. waiting for me." cedric obviously not knowing what to say, he just hugged her and whispered in her ear that it would be alright.

she watched him walk back to his common room before she turned muttering the password and walking through the portrait hole. she kept her head down as she swiftly walked up to her dorm. "briar!"

fuck. "yes?" it was ginny. "what happened to you? i needed your help with homework and you were no where to be found." she chuckled. "yeah, sorry about that..."

"nevermind it you're here now!" ginny said as she pulled her into a bone crushing hug.

"ginny- i actually have to go take care of something. but i'll be back in a minute, ok?"