𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚎 𝙸

| 3rd Pov |
| Castle Town |
——————————-

???: "Dad!".

Dad: "Hey there kiddo!".

At modest house at the edge of Castle Town a boy runs from his mother on the porch. Who smile as the young child runs up and hugs his father. The two embrace in a long hug. The boy, bouncy and bubbly as can be. Smile from ear to ear, as does his father. Who missed the warm embrace of his son.

It'd had been a long day at the castle. The father was a knight. And mostly was tasked with protects members of royal status, most recently, the royal family themselves. Being an escort for whenever the traveled and taking out enemies whenever they attacked. It was one of the highest honor, but also one of the most tiring. But it was all worth is to protect his kingdom and to come home to his loving child and wife.

The boy was lifted up by his dad and held in his arm. He wore a dark blue and white royal shirt that had a large bird on it and what seem to be a zora sword. It's face looked like that of a pelican yet it's large feathery wings and legs were that of a large eagle. It went below his hips and dropped down to the top of his thighs. His beige shorts rested just above his scraped knees and his brown boots were dirty from playing in the grass. In his black scruffy hair you could see dirt spots. More dirt sport muddied his vibrant creamy skin along with scrapes and a large patch on his right cheek. He was missing a single tooth which only seemed to add to his charm along with his clear aqua blue eyes. He was considered a beautiful child. People always commented when they went in town at how much he looked like his mother and acted like his father. But to his parents, no matter what he looked like or did, he'd always be beautiful. He had inherited his beauty from his mother who also had long straight black hair, and crystal blue eyes. The father on the other hand stood apart from the two with his shaggy brown hair and blue eyes and the boy clearly inherited his hair and personality from him.

Child: "How was work Dad?".

Dad: "It wasn't too bad. I went on an escort mission today. The royal chief needed some ingredients from a neighboring town so I escorted him there.".

Child: "Really! That's so cool! We're there any monsters!".

Dad: "Yes, just some Bokoblins though. Luckily I was able to take them down quickly.".

The boy giggled in excitement at the thought of his dad defeat his foes with ease

Child: "Your so cool Dad! I can wait to be a knight like you! So I can take down the evil monsters! Like SWING and SHING!".

The boy pretended to have a sword and fail it around at enemies. His parents laughing at his spunk.

Dad: "That great buddy! I know you'll be great knight some day!".

Child: "Even better than you Dad?".

Dad: "I don't know...".

Child: "Hey! I'll be better than you, definitely. I'll be the best knight in The whole entire Kingdom! In the whole world!".

Dad: "Those are some big shoes to fill. I know you can do it though!".

Grinning from ear to ear the boy hopped out of his fathers arms and ran out into the front lawn. He looked around until he found what he was looking for. He picked up a small stick and swung it around. Making sound effect after each attack.

The parents of the child smile and watch. The father walked over to the woman who happily stood at the porch. The two shared a kiss and turned back around to watch the boy.

Mom: "Welcome home. I thank Hylia your okay.".

Dad: "Of course I am. There's no way I'm going to die on you. Especially not now.".

The father then looked at his boy who had tripped over himself while playing and now was rolling in the grass laughing. He chuckled at the sight.

Mom: "I know, but I can't help but worry about you. I know you promised me but I'm your wife. It's only natural for me to be scared.".

Dad: "I'll be fine. I can protect myself. I'll protect you guys too, because your precious to me. I won't let anything happen to you.". He cupped the cheeks of his wife and warmly spoke. His soft words calming her worries as she touched his hand and nuzzled into it.

Mom: "I know you will.". She smiled at him. Assured that she was safe with him.

The two kissed once more, reacquainting themselves with their already familiar love.

Their kiss was broken as they looked back at their son who. Got in a stance and spun around, stick in hand. Then posed with the stick in the air.

The moment was one someone could only dream of. A family happy as can be. Unconditional love, and happiness that lets one sleep at night in peaceful bliss. One question arrises when asked this though...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Why can't these moments could last forever?