Chapter 60 - Permission

"I miss going to work." Kymber said as Bobby walked through the door that night. 

"Yeah?" Bobby smirked. He set down his bag and kicked off his shoes before walking over and giving her a kiss. 

"Yeah." Kymber frowned, "I miss everyone." 

"I know... But you get to stay home and spend time with our babies." Bobby smiled as he sat down next to her. 

"Oh, believe me. I am very happy about that... But today was the first day I was alone with them, and honestly, I just miss having adults to talk to." Kymber looked down at the babies, fast asleep in their swings, "There's only so much you can say to a baby before you get lonely, you know?" 

"I could imagine." Bobby chuckled, "So what are you saying?" 

"I mean... Mom offered to come stay for a while to help look after the babies..." Kymber looked up at him, "Would it be so bad if maybe in a week or two I start going in for half days every once in a while?" 

"Kymber. You still have a month of maternity leave left." Bobby sighed.

"I know. But I will go crazy being away from the station for another month. It's only been a week and a half and I'm already starting to." Kymber leaned her head back. 

"Enjoy this time with them, Kymber, please. I wish I had as much time with them as you do." Bobby said as he brushed his fingertips against her cheek. 

"I am. I'm not saying that I'm not. I'm just saying that I want to be able to work, too." Kymber said, starting to cry. 

"I get that, I do. But I'm not going to let you do that right now, alright? You're a little extra emotional right now and I am pretty sure that is why you are missing everyone so badly." Bobby said, wiping a tear from her cheek. 

"Can I at least call my mom? I could have her to stay and keep me company." Kymber huffed as she leaned forward. 

"I think that would be a great idea... Your mom and dad would be great to have around for a few days." Bobby smiled and put his arm around her to give her a hug. 

"Actually... I don't know if dad would come or not..." Kymber looked down.

"Why not?" Bobby looked at her. 

"He's still pretty mad at you." Kymber said awkwardly. 

"Mad at me for what?! Being an adult?" Bobby rolled his eyes. 

"Bobby..." Kymber sighed. 

"What?" Bobby pulled his arm back, upset. 

"Bobby. I know that he has no right to be mad at you..." Kymber said. 

"But he is." Bobby crossed his arms, "This is ridiculous. I'm forty-three. I shouldn't have to be treated like I'm a child by your father." 

"I know." Kymber started to cry. 

"Did I upset you?" Bobby turned to with a worried look on his face. 

"Mom said that he doesn't know if he even wants to come to the wedding." Kymber cried. 

"Oh... Kymber... I'm so sorry." Bobby wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head, "You don't deserve that." 

"But it's what I'm going to get." Kymber looked up at him with tears running down her face. 

"Is there anything that I can do to change his mind?" Bobby asked. He felt awful, because it was all because of him that Eugene felt this way. 

"I don't know... Mom didn't really say anything about it." Kymber leaned her head on his shoulder. 

"Well... Let me figure something out. I will talk to him. It's not fair for him to do this to you when it is me that he doesn't like." Bobby looked down. 

"No, it's alright. You don't have to... I know you aren't the biggest fan of him either." Kymber frowned. 

"It's not necessarily that. It's just that I haven't really gotten the chance to know him because he won't give me the time of day... I'm sorry that you've been put in this position, Kymber... I should have just sucked it up and asked him permission to propose over the phone. If I had done that, this whole thing wouldn't have even been an issue." Bobby sighed.