𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬 | 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 3

(Warning:mention of abuse)

Y/N POV

I sat in my room reading one of my favorite books. It was just another Tuesday morning by myself since JJ insisted that he went home yesterday. Of course, I didn't approve because of what might happen but he went ahead and went.

It was a nice day to just stay inside since it had just started pouring the rain. I flipped the page in my book as I was covered up by thousands of blankets and pillows.

Suddenly, there was a tap on my window and I looked over, expecting it to just be a tree branch but no it was JJ.

I quickly got to my feet and ran over to the window and opened it.

Once JJ had climbed into my room, I pulled his hood off his head revealing the most horrific thing I've ever seen.

JJ's face was covered in cuts and purple bruises starting to form. Blood was everywhere.

I let out a gasp and jumped a little.

"Oh my god, JJ" Tears brimmed at my eyes as I reached to wrapped my arms around him but he flinched backing up a step.

"No, no I'm not gonna hurt you, baby," I said stepping forward and gently wrapping my arms around his torso.

He slowly melted into me, grabbing onto my waist as his head hung low at my chest. He began to cry gripping onto me for dear life.

"I can't—I can't take it anymore!" His voice cracks as he sobbed, pulling me closer to him if that was possible.

"I know, I know" I whispered as I placed my hand on the back of his neck and kissed the top of his head.

"I'm just s-so tired of—this shit" he choked out as he gasped for air from crying so hard. "I'm tired of being so scared to go home"

"Shhh, you're okay now. You're safe now." I assume him, lifting up his chin and barely kissing his lips cause they were busted and I didn't want to hurt him.

"Why didn't she take me with her? Why didn't mom take me?" JJ croaked, his bottom lip quivering before crying into my shoulder again.

"She's a fucking asshole for leaving you with him" I stated, running my hand through his blond locks as I tried to wipe away my tears but they kept coming.

"I just—I just want to be loved" he cried, burying his head into my neck.

My heart shattered at his words. He was so broken. My baby was broken in pieces.  His father never shows him any form of love and that makes him think nobody loves him.

"You are loved, JJ. The pogues love you. I love you!" My voice cracks as I tried to kept a lid on my tears.

JJ didn't say anything else after that. Just sobs and cries that made my heart ache. I'd never seen him like this. So upset and beaten.

"C'mon, baby, let's lay down. We can cuddle?" I suggest as I grab his hand and intertwined my fingers with his and lead him over to my bed. I pick up my book and set it down on the nightstand then I turned back to JJ.

"Arms" I command and he lifts up his arms so that I could pull off his hoodie.

Once I pulled it off I noticed more bruises on his abdomen. It made me wanna cry again. To see how he was being treated made me wanna throw up. It was horrible.

JJ crawled into my bed and I crawled in and laid beside him. I pulled one of the blanket over both of us. Then JJ wrapped his arms around my torso snuggling his face into my chest. I played with his hair, twirling pieces around my fingers until he looked up at me.

He scooted himself up so that his head was even with mine. I stared into his sky blue eyes trying to focus on them instead of his tore up face.

"What?" I whisper, breaking the silence.

"Hmm?" He hums in response, furrowing his eyebrows at me.

"Why are you looking at me?" I mutter. I had no idea why we was whispering.

"Cause you're beautiful and I can't help myself" JJ uttered, his voice barely audible.

I grinned as he leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back gently, the taste of the dried blood on his lips made me cringe but I kept kissing him.

Eventually, he pulled away to smile at me before pecking my lips again and looking into my eyes. I lick my thumb and then rub it against his chin getting all the blood off.

JJ buried his head into the crook of my neck as I grabbed my book and started reading again.

He looked up and peeked his head over the side of the book so he could read.

"Can I read too?" He questioned, looking up at me with puppy dog eyes that I adored.

"JJ Maybank wants to read? Thats different" I chuckled. JJ never like to read. Ever. So it came as a shock to me when he said that.

"Maybe it's a new hobby for me?" JJ shrugged.

"M'kay" I murmur as JJ rests his head on my shoulder and started reading from the top of the page.

This is not that good to be honest.

Slightly edited so there may be a few mistakes.

Word count:  916