fourteen

I lie awake in the guest room bed. Sleep wouldn't fall over me and I was fucking irritated.

The bed was comfortable and I was completely fine with where I was. Why couldn't I fucking sleep?

Sighing loudly, I rolled over on my side and my eyes directed towards where my phone was charging on the night side table.

Reaching my hand out, I unplugged it and almost immediately turned the brightness down, seeing that it was blinding me in this dark room.

Seeing the time it was almost three in the morning. There might be a chance that Pete is still awake.

He told me he doesn't sleep much because of all of the shit he deals with.

Opening up the text thread between Pete and I,  my thumbs hovered over the keyboard, thinking of what I wanted to say.

Me:
u up?

A very douchey sounding message.

The text sent and I stared blankly at my phone for a couple of minutes. Of course the one night that he actually could sleep, I needed him to be awake.

I was about to turn my phone off, when I saw the responding text bubble show up on the screen.

I shuffled around in my bed so I was sitting up against my pillows.

Pete:
Yeah
everything okay?

I smiled as I began to respond.

Me:
yeah im good
just can't sleep...

Pete:
Same :/

Me:
how long
have u
been up?

Pete:
uh like
all night

Me:
same here

Pete:
U want me
to come over?

Me:
u mean come over
to the room a few feet
away from yours?? lol

Pete:
Yeah but I thought
it sounded cooler that
way

Me: lmao sure

Pete:
Sick

A moment later I heard a soft knock at the bedroom door and soon Pete opened it revealing himself.

He was shirtless and wore black sweatpants on his lower half.

He gave me a small smile as he walked into the room, closing the door behind him. He then walked over to the bed and flopped down next to me.

"Hi." I whispered turning on my side to look at Pete.

He turned on his side to face me and showed a wide smile.

"What's up?" He asked

"I don't know just can't sleep..." I said before sighing loudly

"Welcome to my life." He joked and laughed quietly

"Yeah I don't think I'm to fucking thrilled about it." I say laughing along with him