From Her Eyes

(Just Lola's POV from when they first met)

"Excuse me!" a voice exclaimed.

Upon hearing this, Lola stopped spinning and tried to regain her balance, turning to the direction where the voice came from. She looked up, only to find herself staring at the most handsome rabbit she had ever seen. Her eyes looked straight at him, and suddenly she could hear her heart beat loudly in her ears. 

He was dressed in a tennis outfit with a cute little visor on his head. His fur was a light shade of grey and his eyebrow was slightly twitching in frustration. The entire room seemed to fade and Lola could only look at him. "Oh, hi." she muttered as she saw his eyebrow relax a little bit. Their eyes were glued to each other for a second before a tennis ball suddenly hit the back of Lola's head, causing her to fall down on the ground. "Ace! Game!" a voice from the other court erupted.

"Are you okay?" the grey bunny asked, his voice laced with concern. He held her up as she staggered towards a bench where she sat down. Lola began to feel lightheaded, though she wasn't sure if it was because of the ball or if it was because of his adorable accent.

"I don't know, do I look okay?" Lola said, looking back up at his gorgeous eyes.

"I think you look great." he replied, smiling.

Lola's heart began to flutter. "I think you look great too." she smiled as their faces inched closer together. Who was this man? Why was he so...magical?

"Pardon me for not introducing myself sooner, but my name's Bugs." the man said, pointing at himself with his thumb. "Bugs Bunny. What's your name?"

"My name's Lola, Lola Bunny." Lola giggled. They had the same last name! They already have so much in common.

"Say Lola," Bugs scratched the back of his neck. "I know we just met and all, but would you like to eh, go out with me sometime?"

Lola began to squeal inside. He was asking her out on a date! Could this be it? Could he be the One? Oh, she was so excited! "I would love to!" she batted her eyelashes at him.

Bugs perked up and smiled. "Really? Great!" he cleared his throat. "How about uh, dinner tomorrow night at 7? We can eat at the Diner."

"Sounds good!" Lola smiled flirtatiously. "I'll see ya!"

"See ya." Bugs winked at her, making her blush. He then walked over to the other court, disappearing from Lola's sight. As she watched him go, a slight hollow feeling began to well up inside the young woman but she immediately shook it off as she knew she was going to see him again tomorrow night.

Lola's smile grew bigger as she replayed the recent events all over again inside her head like a tape. There was just something about him that just seemed to draw her in. When she was with him, it was as if nothing else in the world mattered. Could it be that she was falling in love? Did he feel the same way for her? Were they meant to be?!

"Yes!" Lola squealed as she jumped with her fist pumped in victory.